Deal Breaker

Hermione woke up on the couch, in front of the blazing fire with a blanket draped over her, in the early hours of the morning. She assumed she'd fallen asleep the night before and Draco had left her there. She looked outside to see that snow was falling rapidly, so she pulled on a pair of jeans, an oversized grey jumper, gloves and a beanie, brown leather boots and the necklace that Draco had given her. She kissed it before she wrapped a scarf tightly around her neck. Lastly, she applied a small amount of makeup and put in the earings that matched her necklace. 

Satisfied with her appearance, she cast some heating charms onto her clothes and left for the great hall. She saw that sitting at the Gryffindor table were: Ginny, Blaise and Draco. She also saw Harry and Ron sat further down, staring at the group, but basically ignoring Draco. There were very few people in the great hall other than them, and they all seemed to be too busy with last minute homework to realise the group sitting together.

"Come with me," she stopped in front of Harry.

"What?"

"Well, would you prefer to explain here?"

"Sit down... Hermione, look at me," she looked him in the eye, "I swear to you... this wasn't my fault... someone smuggled me a love potion that made me confess to the person I love..."

"Then, why get in a relationship with Ginny?"

"Because, Cho loves Diggory... the kiss was a moment of madness and, in the past when I've smelled love potion, it's smelled exactly like Ginny... she told me straight after Ginny left that it was a mistake, to which I agreed... I really do care about her Hermione,"

"That's beside the point Harry," she hugged him.

"She's going to the ball with someone else now... I'll try and find out who smuggled you that potion," she smiled, pitifully, and walked back over to the group.

"Mind explaining?" Ginny sighed.

Hermione did as she was told and Ginny took in a deep breath.

"Well... I guess that's that then... maybe Harry and I are better off as friends... I guess I'll just move on," she sat up straight, holding in tears.

Hermione opened her book and began to read, barely absorbing the information on the parchment. 

"You should eat something," Draco smiled, concerned.

"I'm fine,"

"Hermione." he looked her in the eye with a look that screamed I-won't-take-no-for-an-answer.

She sighed, "Okay," she took a plate of food and pushed it around her plate.

"I'm not going to speak to you till I see you eat something substantial." he folded his arms on the table and began eating from a large golden plate filled to the brim with eggs, bacon, sausage and toast with butter.

"I'm really not hungry," Hermione's stomach growled loudly in protest, making her blush and Draco giggle. She really hated Slytherins sometimes.

"Aren't you going to say something?" she sighed in defeat and reluctantly started her breakfast. When the plate was empty, Draco smiled.

"You shouldn't let yourself get hungry enough that your stomach starts growling," his smile fell slightly.

"You shouldn't worry as much about me," she smirked, "I eat just fine, I'm just not feeling well,"

"Alright... I suppose,"

"What are you doing with a mud- here. What are you doing here Malfoy?" Goyle snapped. He was strongly gesturing towards Hermione.