Slashes of light

"Hermione... I'm starting to worry about you. You won't let anyone in. Not me, not Draco, not Harry, not Ginny. You used to be contagious. Your smile could light up the whole common room, but now. Nothing. We all want... no, we need you back." it was Neville and his Hufflepuff tendencies, trying desperately to help Hermione.

"I'm sorry Neville just... I just want to be alone for a while... I've got everything I need here,"

"You need us. But, you won't let us in... it's been two months Hermione and you're still locked away in your dorm, it's not healthy,"

She honestly didn't realise how long it had been... and she did long for some company.

"Neville... can you get Blaise for me?"

"Will you let him in the room?"

"Yes,"

"Fine, I'll go get him,"

Ten minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

"Hermione? It's me,"

For the first time in weeks, she unlocked the door. She was greeted by Blaise Zabini, Neville Longbottom and three huge plates of food.

"I thought you might like something to eat," he smiled.

"Thank you, Neville," she forced a small smile onto her face, let Blaise into the room and locked it again."

"God I've missed you," Blaise said, embracing her in a friendly hug.

"I've missed you guys too," she smiled a little.

Blaise noticed that she felt unusually thin and delicate in his arms.

"Come on, eat."

"I'm not-" her stomach let out a huge growl.

"Draco would murder me if I didn't make you eat, not to mention Ginny."

"How is he?"

"He's bad Hermione... he misses you. I don't think he realised how much you meant to him until he lost you. He doesn't eat and he can't sleep. He needs you. We all need you,"

Her eyes began to fill with tears.

"I miss him too Blaise. But everyone I love gets hurt. I'm a danger to him."

"No, you're not,"

"Yes, I am. You know when your magic first started blooming? When you got angry or sad you had outbursts?"

"Yeah?"

She placed her hand over his eyes and tried to control her sobs.

He saw Hermione, healthy but sad. She was in bed, asleep, screaming. 

"Please don't hurt him!"

She woke up and continued weeping and with every sob, rays of purple light shot in all directions. Blaise looked around and saw a dead selection of daisies in the corner bloom again.

"Stop! You're killing him!"

The rays were shooting faster by the second and then, Blaise returned to reality.

"What if that had hurt him? If those rays hit him?"

"Hermione... you don't understand,"

"I saw what I did Blaise,"

"Did you see the flowers in the corner?"

"No,"

"Hermione when the rays hit them they came back to life. This power isn't going to hurt Draco, but it could heal him if he's hurt."