50.0

Bleh.

That was the only way to describe how Louis felt the day after graduation. He was sad and happy and all he wanted to do was tell Harry the good news, but Harry was busy with last minute grading and there was no way he could interrupt that.

So he sat in Harry's apartment, listening to his favorite artists, enjoying his freedom from high school and the pricks that surrounded him. He looked up recipes, trying to find something he thought Harry might like. Coming up with nothing, he decided to resort back to their very first dinner that was just a few months ago.

It's funny how fast time flies, Louis thought to himself as he remembered how anxious he was that night and how unsettled Harry looked.

Not being able to handle the unsettling silence of the apartment, Louis called up Harry, laying back in one of the couches. He waited until Harry quickly picked up, almost missing the call, "hello, love. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just miss you."

Harry laughed, "alright. I'll be home soon. I just have to get these last few grades in for my favorite student and I should be back."

"You're putting my grades in?"

"Yes, my dear," Harry replied, not paying close attention to Louis' words.

"How are they?"

"They are amazing."

"Am I annoying you?"

"Slightly, Lou."

"I'll let you go."

"I love you, Louis."

"I love you, too, Harry."

Harry sighed, adding, "I might be a little late getting back. I need to make a few stops, is that okay?"

"Yes, that's alright. I just have something special for tonight planned so please don't get back too late."

Harry assured Louis that he would get back in time for the surprise. Then they could enjoy the rest of their evening together; going up to the top of their apartment building to look at few stars they could see through the distracting light and smog of the city life below them. It was a common place they had become used to and one of them would say, "I think we should go to the top," and the other automatically knew something was going on, whether it be good or bad. That's where Harry surprised Louis with his asking to prom, even though they couldn't really go together. It was still adorable and memorable.

Harry locked his classroom door, glad that he wouldn't have to see it for a couple weeks, and left the school with only one goal in mind: getting home to Louis. Things seemed to get in the way of that, like the need to stop by the grocery store to buy a bouquet of flowers and Peeps (Louis wasn't really a huge fan of chocolate). Then there was the small little card section that Harry just had to look at to see if there were any cheesy, yet adorable, cards for Louis. And the check out line seemed to extend along the circumference of the entire planet; the young children in front of Harry making the moment a little less painful.

Then he was in the car yet again that day, finally on the way home to see the love of his life and the surprise he had in store. Harry could only hope it was his favorite meal or something even more special.

"Not to be clichè, but honey, I'm home," Harry called from the front door, kicking off his shoes and checking the mail. Louis came out of the kitchen to plant a soft kiss on Harry's cheek.

"How was your day of work, darling?" Louis questioned, playing the part of the kind and caring wife in the stereotypical black and white film. 

"It was absolutely tedious. Painful, even. I'm so glad to be home with my lovely boyfriend and," Harry sniffed, "the smell of potatoes on the stove."