44.0

Harry lay with his arm over Louis' shoulders. Louis had fallen asleep earlier that morning and Harry couldn'g sleep a wink. But Harry was perfectly fine with it. He found times like these special and, honestly, he liked the times Louis was quiet.

But there was a bad side to silence and that was thinking. Harry is always thinking of something whether it be a lesson plan or what to text Louis next, he's always thinking of something. Sometimes those things spin out of control and there's no way he can control it, they just happen.

So Harry thought about what Louis told him about Zayn and his mind just took things from there. What if the only reason Louis is attracted to Harry is because his past is similar to Zayn's? How does Louis even know about that? Did Ed tell Niall and Niall told Louis? Would Ed back stab Harry by doing something like that? Was Harry going to get shanked in the back of an alley because Ed sent someone out to kill him?

Harry admits that things might go a little too far.

You're kidding, right? Harry thought to himself, this kid obviously loves you because you're different than Zayn. And Ed is not some backstabbing, twelve-year-old bitch so the chance of him wanting to 'get back at you' is highly unlikely, you idiot. Maybe you should start to analyze things better.

Harry couldn't help but wonder of all the possibilities there were. He needed to know why Louis chose him, why Louis likes him. However, he knew that that could stir up drama and with things finally settling down, he didn't want to ruin it.

"He sure does sleep a lot," Ed spoke, walking into the kitchen, wearing nothing at all. He was butt naked and Harry covered his eyes with his hand.

"God, Ed, could you put on some clothes every once in a while?"

"Most gay guys like this," Ed pointed out, reaching for the coffee creamer.

"If by gay guys you mean Niall than okay. But this guy doesn't like seeing that."

"Stop lying to yourself. You like to see the Big E. Get it? Because it's big and it's mine and I'm Ed."

"Oh...my...God, please go put on some pants and then come back out. I don't need Louis scared for life when he wakes up."

"I'm telling you, when he wakes up and sees me naked, it will be the best day of his life."

"ED! Please go change."

Ed sighed as he went back to his room to put on a pair of sweats. Harry was lucky he went just before Louis woke up.

"Is he gone?" Louis whispered.

"Were you awake this whole time?"

"Kind of, but I heard you two talking and figured that I didn't want to open my eyes. Like...The guy was naked, Harry. He was freaking naked. I don't want to see that ginger jungle, you know."

"Just be glad you don't live with him. He walks around naked all the time."

"Don't you do that same thing?" Louis asked.

"I used to. Besides, that was a long time ago."

"Harry, that was last week."

"Well, I have decided to let that habit rest."

"Too bad," Louis said with a smirk, "what are we going to do today?"

"We're going to finish working on your applications so you can send them in. I can't believe you waited this long to do it. What were you thinking?"

Louis cuddled closer to Harry, "I was thinking that there would be a line outside of my front door with college scouts asking me to be a part of their team."

Harry shook his head, "it doesn't work that way, Lou."

"Well I know that now. God," Louis buried his face in Harry's chest, "what the hell am I gonna do? What if I don't even get into college? I'm going to die on the streets, Harry. You'll be walking down the street one day and I'll be there just dead all because I didn't go to college."

Harry rolled his eyes, "you are so dramatic. I'm surprised you weren't ever featured in a play. You'll be just fine. You'll get into a good college and you'll play ball and you'll love it."

Louis looked up at Harry and smiled, "you think so?"

He sounded hopeful and happy and it was exactly what Harry was looking for, "of course. You'll be the best player you can be and you'll make friends and you'll have me and I'll have you. Everything will be just right."

Louis nodded and kissed Harry once on the lips before settling into his side again, "I hope you're right."

Harry helped Louis complete his college applications and essays and they mailed them later that day after lunch at Mama May's Cafe. Louis' hands were shaking when he put the many envelopes into the mailbox and he let out a sigh of relief once the deed was taken care of. He was really relying on Harry's judgment.

---

A.N. Sorry for the longish wait for this chapter. Yesterday was crazy busy, but here you go! :) (My apologize for the chapter being fairly short.) Can you believe that it has been a month since I started writing this story? Thanks for everything you do. Love you! -M

DEDICATED TO: @dropsoflouis for being a clarinet buddy! (She doesn't even know...) ^-^

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: What's your favorite restuarant (Like Olive Garden, etc.)?

STORY QUESTION: Do you think Louis will get into college or will he not be accepted?