29.0

Louis stared at the soccer ball.

Why was this so hard? It was just a ball. A spherical object that is not moving until put into motion by contact with his foot. It was stupid. He should be able to do this. He let out a breath before going back to kicking the ball, knowing very well that he wouldn't be able to make a goal. 

Miss.

Asshole,  Louis thought to himself. Why did Zayn always have to come back into his life?

Miss.

Dick-head.

Miss.

Stupid, good-for-nothing prick.

Miss.

Louis gave up. That was it. He just wanted to give up on his sport, his relationship, everything. Life was shit. Absolute shit and there was no way he could change it. It wasn't in his control. 

But what was it his father would always say when he was in grade school? It was something along the lines of, "You can't regret the last point. Just look forward to the next one." Looking back, Louis thought of how silly it was, but it made sense.

He got back on his feet and stretched out his arms and legs. He was going to do it. He was going to make the goal even if it killed him.

Miss.

Miss.

Miss.

Miss.

Clear your head, come on. It's not hard. Just clear everything else and focus.

Miss.

Miss.

Miss.

Goal.

Louis cheered and danced around by himself, pretending to slap the hands of his teammates, "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!"

"Louis?"

Louis stopped in his tracks and looked up, coming to find two very green eyes, "Harry, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I could ask the same quesiton."

Harry was getting awkward and finding it hard to make words come out of his mouth.

Louis made him that way.

Plus, Louis was in soccer shorts and let's just say that they highlighted all of his assets.

"I just needed to clear my head. Bad thoughts, you know?"

Harry just nodded and smiled slightly, changing the subject, "You're good."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Don't lie."

"Believe me, I'm not good."

"Yes you are. Louis, you're gre--"

Louis snapped, "If I'm so great then why haven't I heard from any scouts? Why haven't I gotten any scholarships? I'm running out of time. No one wants me," by the end his voice was quiet and Harry frowned.

"I want you."

That caught Louis' attention.

"God, Louis, I want you. I want to be with you so badly. This is going to sound so terribly cheesy and I apologize in advance, but I need you. You...You just complete me. And, hell, I saw you out here on the field and I almost walked away. I almost put it off. I almost gave up. But I'll never give up on you. You're everything I've been looking for. Every decision I've made has lead me here to you and I'm not going to give up on making you mine."

Louis seemed to ignore everything Harry said as he spoke, "You're not the first. You're not the first guy I've dated that's older than me. There was another. H-he was a liar. And I just feel that if I get to close to you, you'll hurt me like he did. I'm just...I'm a mess. I've been a mess. I can't do anything right and every decision I make is wrong," Louis paused, making Harry extremely nervous, "But this, us, this may be the only thing I do right. The only thing I get right. But first I need to know, what is Liam to you?"

Harry couldn't speak for a second.

What was he supposed to say? What was the right answer? Was there a right answer? Was this some sort of trick?

"I'm not going to lie to you," Harry started, "But Liam and I will always be friends because that's what we started out as."

Louis nodded, "And you're telling the truth? Everything? The whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

"Yes, I'm telling you the truth, Lou."

This was hard for Louis. Could he really believe Harry? He's believed other guys before and they've said the same exact thing.

"He means nothing to me."

"What are you talking about? We're just friends."

"You're crazy! We never kissed."

Louis had become so used to the lies that he forgot about the truth. What did a person look like when they were telling the truth? How was he sure that they we're lying?

Louis smiled, "Alright. I'm really in the mood for ice-cream."

"I'm feeling that same way. How about we clean up the balls first?"

---

A.N. There's chapter 29. At the end of 30 there will be an announcement regarding the story! :) Tonight has been absolutely crazy! I got home at 9:30 from volleyball games (we won 1 and lost 1 so I'd say we're doing pretty good) and I thought 'hey, why not update? I'll just stay up all night anyways!' so here you go!

Thanks for reading!! :) Love you guys! -M

DEDICATED TO: @larrys_satan08 for commenting, voting and their username xD

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: If you could stay any certain age, what age would you want to be and why?

STORY QUESTION: So things seemed to clear up a bit, but do you really think Louis' okay or Harry for that matter?