48.0

It wasn't voiced, but both Louis and Harry figured they needed a bit of time off. So they spent a week avoiding each other and only sending texts to remind the other that they still loved them. The following week they planned to get together and go to dinner by this one lake. It would have been very romantic, except one of Louis' games got rescheduled to the same date so he had to cancel. Then they tried again a week later only to have a teacher meeting and interview get in their way. So they scratched the idea and continued on with their little break.

If there was one thing Harry did best it was avoid his problems. Whenever Louis even mentioned Liam, Harry would automatically come up with some excuse as to why they shouldn't continue the conversation. Louis didn't understand why Harry did this, it wasn't making sense.

That's how things went for a while until Louis showed up at Ed's apartment unexpectedly and waited awkwardly on the couch for Harry to get out of the shower.

"Hey, Ed, have you seen my favorite sweater?" Harry called, coming out of the bathroom with a towel to dry his hair.

"Uhm, actually--"

"Louis," Harry gasped, when he looked up, "how...how are you? What have you been up to? W-why are you here?"

And Louis couldn't help but smile slightly because here was Harry being his usual Harry self and stuttering like he did when they were in the beginning of their relationship. Here was Harry wondering how Louis was and he was being so incredibly sweet that it hurt.

"I think I'll just go...yeah. See you later. Oh yeah, there are condoms in the first drawer of my nightstand if you need them. Remember: don't be silly and protect your willy," Ed said and he was quickly out the door.

Harry joined Louis on the couch, keeping a safe distance away from him. He knew very well that there was a great chance that he could attack Louis in kisses at any moment.

"Harry, I think that we should just take a break. You know. We're obviously too busy to even plan a date. I think now that we have had just a little bit of time to ourselves we may be looking into other people and maybe those other people would be better for us. Maybe we just need a longer time alone after being with each other constantly for so long."

Harry swore that he heard his heart break once those words left Louis' mouth, "you don't love me anymore?"

The simple answer to that was no. No Louis didn't love Harry. In fact he loved him so much that the thought of Harry with someone else made his whole body ache. But he thought that Harry had moved on. Harry was done with him. Louis was just a toy. He was always someone's fun, never someone's first priority.

"I just think that it's time. And I really don't want to be clichè, but if you love something, you set it free. No matter how much it hurts you, right?"

"But, I don't want to be free. I want to be with you. I only want you Louis. God, do you know how much I've cried since we've been on a break? Do you know how much I think about holding you and kissing you and just loving you like I did before? Because, damn, I miss it. I miss it so much. I miss you so much and all I want is you.

"My whole heart, my entire heart, has your name all over it. All it says is, "Reserved for Louis." My whole body and being craves you. My thoughts of you, they aren't enough. I need to have you in my life. And I can't stand, I just can't stand seeing you every day in my class looking so sad and I know it's all because of me. I know. So please, let me make this better. Let me love you. Let me show you how sorry I am because I will do anything to take back those words."

"Did you mean it?"

It was on Louis' mind forever. Did Harry mean to say what he did? Did he mean to tell Liam, goddamn Liam, about his past and Zayn and how fucked up it was? Did he mean to put him in the spotlight like that?

"Fuck, Harry, it's a simple question! Did you mean to tell Liam everything?" Louis cried out. He needed to know. This answer determined everything.

Harry's voice was a whisper, just a small, small voice, "yes." His voice gained confidence, "yes I did, because I wanted him to know how bad a person Zayn is. And I totally disregarded you and I shouldn't have done that. It was my mistake. It was my fault and I apologize for that. But know that my best interest was making sure that Liam didn't fall for Zayn's games. I didn't want him to get hurt because I already hurt him before. If I would have known that Liam was playing me, I wouldn't have said anything. So yes, I did mean to do it. But did I mean to upset you? Not in a million years." 

Maybe those were the words Louis was looking for. Maybe he was simply looking for an apology and an explanation that would fix everything. Maybe he was hoping Harry would ramble a little bit too, because he loved it when Harry did so. And maybe Harry covered everything Louis was looking for.

"Thank you," was all the younger boy could do before he was slowly kissing Harry, "thank you, thank you, thank you," because what else could he say? "I love you, Harry," well, there was always that. 

---

A.N. The end is near! Oh me, oh my! I hope you liked the chapter and things are making a bit more sense. :) I just want to give a big thanks to all of you reading. Over 50,000 reads is absolutely unbelievable and I don't know what to say about that because it honestly amazes me. To those that comment, you make my day, you really do and I love commenting back! :) Thanks so much. I love you guys and I hope you're getting excited for the sequel (haha that will be fun! *evil grin here*)! -M

DEDICATED TO: @5upernatura1 because she never doubts me and I enjoy having her as such a huge support system. She has written so many great novels and I believe you should all take a look because she is an amazing author! ^-^

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: What are your favorite games to play (whether it be truth or dare or a card game)?

STORY QUESTION: What was the real reason of Louis showing up if it wasn't to break things off?