32.0

"See you after school. Have a wonderful day, my darling. Love you. :) xx"

Louis smiled as he read the text Harry sent him earlier that day. He slid his phone back into his pocket and tried to pay attention as this algebra teacher continued to lecture the class on nonsense things he was never going to use in life.

The fact that it was Monday and he had actually survived the day, which included a few of his teammates calling him names, was actually pretty remarkable. If you were to ask him what his favorite part of the day was, he'd answer that it was when he first woke up and always had a good morning text from Harry. Or the end of the day when he could spend a few hours with Harry before going to practice.

He liked the fact that his day started and ended with Harry. He liked that Harry hadn't gotten sick of him. He also liked how Harry loved to cuddle and he liked hugging more than making out, because Louis did too. They both liked the simple things and that worked for them; there was never trouble of someone pushing the other.

"Hey," Niall whispered behind Louis, "why have you been ignoring me all day?"

Louis didn't reply and instead paid more attention to taking notes, finding it far more interesting than anything Niall had to say.

"Fine, be a dick," Niall said, leaning back in his seat. He began to tap his pen on his desk, coming up with a pretty sick beat (at least he thought so) that he knew would annoy Louis.

Louis turned around, glaring at his best friend, "Can you stop, please?"

Niall shook his head and mimicked Louis, "Can you talk to me, please?"

"Leave me alone."

"Leave me alone," Niall said in a high pitched voice and a smirk on his face.

"Are you really going to act like you're a first grader with no manners whatsoever?"

"Are you really going to act like--"

"Oh my, God, shut up!" Louis snapped.

"Sheesh, I just want you to talk to me. How was your weekend?"

The bell rang and Louis packed away his things, getting out of the classroom before Niall could catch up, "come on, Louis!" Niall yelled, trying to get to Louis through the crowded hallway.

Louis stopped, people running into him and mumbling their annoyance, "what do you want?"

"You've been ignoring me all day. What gives?"

"You really don't get it."

"Obviously I don't. So stop acting like a girl on her period and tell me what's wrong, man to man."

"Why didn't you tell me you're dating someone?" Louis questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's what this is all about? Louis, I have some very important news that is going to change your life," Niall got real close to Louis and whispered, "I'm dating someone."

"And you never told me?"

"What was there to tell? I'm just dating a guy. There's nothing special."

Louis stared at Niall, "We're best friends. That means we should tell each other everything. From bedtime fantasies to the people we're dating."

"First of all, I will never tell you any of my 'bedtime fantasies'. That's just weird, bro. Secondly, I didn't really want to tell you." Louis gave Niall a questioning look and Niall continued, "You get jealous. You would have made me feel guilty for being in a relationship while you weren't and I didn't want to feel that way. Not with Ed at least. Besides, we weren't sure about the whole relationship thing."

"You could have told me. I would have understood." Niall gave Louis a 'really?' look and Louis shrugged, "I would have tried."

"It doesn't even matter now. He hasn't spoken to me in a few days."

"Did you guys have a fight or something?"

Niall shook his head, "I just think he's over this whole 'dating a younger guy' thing. I should have known he'd give up on my for someone closer to his age."

Louis didn't know what else so he hugged Niall, "it'll be okay. I'll talk to Harry," he said before they went their separate ways.

"I have a question," Louis said, pacing back and forth, tossing his Rubik's cube from hand to hand, in Harry's classroom.

Harry peeked up from his papers; it seemed he was far behind on his grading, "what is it?"

Louis threw the cube towards Harry and Harry caught it, beginning to re-arrange the colors so Louis could solve it again, "what's up with Ed? Niall said he hasn't talked to him in a few days."

"Oh that," Harry tossed the cube back to Louis, "Ed's doing some soul searching or some crap like that. I really don't know, he gets into these moods where he decides to cut off people and hides in his room. He may also be planning something. By that I mean something special for Niall, not murder."

Louis laughed, "I don't think Ed would be capable of murder."

"Hey, you never know what the guy's capable of doing. I take it Niall thinks Ed doesn't like him anymore."

"Yeah, he gets suspicious and always thinks of the worst things possible," Louis let out a small chuckle, "I guess that's were we're kind of the same way."

"Are you ever going to tell me?" Harry questioned. He'd been curious of Louis' past for the longest time and he just wants to know what happened; how Louis was hurt.

Louis thought about it for a second. He knew he'd have to tell Harry sometime. But at the moment he wasn't ready. He was still getting used to Zayn making appearances in his life, just like the night before when he showed up at the field yet again, asking if Louis had changed his mind and wanted to sleep with him.

"I'll tell you," he paused, "just not yet."

---

A.N. I love reading through all of your comments! Thank you so much for voting and commenting and liking the story. We've reached over 1,000 votes which is such a huge milestone!  :) -M

DEDICATED TO: @shadymashton for leaving wonderful comments! ^-^

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: Have you ever had a weird food like grasshoppers dipped in chocolate or something of the sorts?

STORY QUESTION: How do you think Harry will react when Louis tells him what happened?