Chapter 14

As I got to Isaac's house I was about to knock when the door opened immediately as Isaac stepped out from inside. He glances at me before quickly looking back at his house before leaving his attention on me. It is then when I noticed the almost black ring around his eye. Immediately I bring my hand up to touch it when he flinches back before grabbing my wrist.

"I don't have much time, but I wanted to apologize for ditching you at the dance. I forgot to remind my dad about it, so he didn't let me go, but then I tried sneaking out and well that didn't go as planned."

"Did he? Isaac, did your dad give you this? Did he hit you?"

"Uh, no-some guys from the la-la-lacrosse team did it."

"Who? I'll make Scott talk to them."

"No one, just please tell me that you aren't mad at me. I couldn't take it if you were mad at me. I did try to make it, but it didn't go as planned."

"Isaac I don't care about the stupid dance. I care about you and if someone, like your dad, hits you I want to help."

"Thanks, but you can't."

He tells me as a light flickers on in the house. Immediately Isaac picks up the trash he brought out with him before he tells me to leave and to leave now. Confused I was about to ask him why when the look on his face, a mixture of terrified and pleading, told me otherwise, so instead I just walked across the street as if I was going to hang out with Jackson.

Glancing back I watch as Isaac's dad comes outside asking Isaac something, making him flinch before tossing the trash quickly and making his way back inside. Something inside me told me to go make sure he is okay, but at the same time that something told me that it probably would do more harm than good, so instead I just went to call someone to pick me up.

Luckily for me as soon as I grabbed my phone Stiles called me. Immediately I answer asking how is Lydia when he tells me that she is missing and he is picking me up so we can all go find her. I tried to ask him what he meant by missing but he wouldn't give me any info instead just kept asking where I was.

"Jackson's house."

"Jackson- why the hell are you at Whittmore's?"

"I was actually visiting Isaac, but he, um, he wasn't home so I just happened to cross the street as you called."

"Yeah of course Lahey isn't home, he works nights at the cemetery."

"How do you know that?"

"Checked his background check."

"Why?"

"He was taking you to the dance, had to make sure he was okay-that's not the point Kai. Lydia is missing and we have to find her before-"

"Before the Argents."

I whisper mostly to myself as Stiles agrees with me and tells me that he will be here soon and that if I see Jackson to not make eye contact. Muttering a small yeah I hang up the phone and wait for the powdered baby blue jeep to get in front of me. When it does I see that both Scott and Allison are in the jeep as well. As we drive to find Lydia Stiles continues to ask Allison multiple questions when she mentions Kate's funeral she looks at me.

"Do you think you can come with me?"

"Yeah absolutely."

"Thank you."

"Scott, are we going the right way?"

Stiles asks Scott who has his head out of the window like a dog trying to catch Lydia's scent. I hold back a chuckle because that is exactly what he is and what he is doing. It doesn't take long before we are pulling over and heading on foot trying to locate her. However, the track leads us straight to Derek's house.