Chapter 6

The next day was harder than the night before. To wake up all alone without my moms smiling face telling me that breakfast will be done in just a minute. Without my dad sitting in his spot at the kitchen table reading his newspaper as my mom hands him a cup of coffee. To continue to live and move on from something like that. I don't think I can and I don't think I want to.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

Looking to my left I see Stiles sitting up and staring at me with concern written all over his face. I try and give him a smile to thank him for being there for me, but it doesn't quite end up that way. Stiles realizing this scoots closer to me placing his hand on my cheek allowing me to embrace it and let myself fall into his touch. Letting out a sigh I shake my head before grabbing his hand in mine.

"I don't know."

I tell him truthfully, making him nod his head before offering me a hand up. He asks me if I'm up for going to school today or if I want to stay home and skip the day. Shaking my head I tell him how I skipped yesterday and skipping today isn't right, especially since I skipped with my mom. He nods in understanding as he tells me that he will leave so I can get ready.

Giving him a small nod I watched his retreating figure leave my room before I let a single tear fall again. Getting up, I make my way to the bathroom and take a shower thats longer than usual. I let the tears flow naturally down with the dripping water on my skin.

I do my usual routine and head to my closet where I look for something to wear. Nothing really calls out to me, so instead I grab an oversized blue cropped hoodie and my jeans. Grabbing my blue and white Adidas I slip them on before heading to my dresser and throwing my hair in a high ponytail.

I do a small bit of eyeliner for my eyes and some lip gloss. Grabbing my stuff I make my way downstairs where the should have been movie night is no longer set up. Glancing over to Stiles who is on his phone leaning against the wall he looks up at me and smiles before following my gaze.

"When you finally fell asleep last night, I cleaned it up. I didn't think that you would want to come down to see that."

"Thank you, Stiles."

"It wasn't too bad, just a lot of folding."

"No, for everything. Thank you."

"Of course Kai, I'd do anything for you."

He says while looking down before nodding his head towards the door asking if I was ready to go. Nodding my head I watch as he pushes off the wall before reaching his hand out and taking mine. We both walk hand and hand out the door just to split so I can lock the door. Once we are in the jeep I watch as Stiles puts the key in the ignition before stopping.

"Oh, before I forget. I know it kind of sucks and I didn't get exactly what I wanted to get you because of all this werewolf business, but I did get you something."

Stiles rants on before reaching over me and in his glove department for a small box with a baby blue bow on it. He hands it over to me with a smile as I glance from the box to him. He shakes it a little before I finally grab it.

"Happy Birthday Kai"

He says as I slowly undo the bow before opening the box and revealing a small simple silver ring with a heart on it. It's small, it's simple, but it's beautiful. Grabbing the ring I see that inside it's engraved with my name and a random date.

"What is this date?"

"The first day we met."

Stiles says with a shrug as I brush a finger over the engravement. Smiling I glance over to him who wipes away a fallen tear with his thumb as he mentions that he didn't think I would have any tears left. Letting out a small, but first chuckle I put it on my left index finger before leaning up and placing a kiss on his cheek. Pulling away I thank him as I see his cheeks go red while he nods.