Chapter 1

There was a time when my life was normal. I remember it like it was today, oh wait it was today, well more like this morning. It was the first day of freshman year in High School tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited and terrified. Over the summer I had been preparing for this day by doing my summer reading and running with my dad all summer to try and overcome my asthma so I could join the cross country team. Since tryouts aren't until later on I still have time because right now it's still not looking too good.

Anyway I remember today perfectly my mom took me shopping for school clothes and supplies. My dad and I went for an afternoon jog before we all sat down and had our family movie night like always. Unfortunately I had to end it early as I still had summer reading to do, which my parents understood and told me to enjoy it. Shaking my head I tell them that I won't before heading to my room.

I grab my summer reading before taking a seat on my bed and looking to see how much I had left. Seeing that there were only four more chapters left I realize that this will be quicker than I thought and then I can shower and get ready for bed. As I was almost done I heard a knock on my bedroom door making me whisper a small come in. My mom peeks her head through the door with a smile on her face as she sees me reading.

"Wow, are you still reading your summer book?"

"Yeah, I know it bites."

"Well, at least you are almost done right?"

"Yeah, just one more chapter left. Was there anything I could help you with?"

"No, not me. However, your friends Scott and Stiles said they could use some help with their summer reading and asked if you could tag along to their library trip."

"Please tell me you said no."

"Oh come on Kailia they are your friends and they need your help. Go help them."

"What kind of parent lets their child go out with two boys at 10pm?"

"The kind that have known these boys for so long that it doesn't matter what time you go out with them nothing will happen. Besides you don't have the courage to tell the pale one you like him anyway."

"Mom, shhhh he could hear you."

"Alright sweetie, finish your last chapter and then go hang out with your friends."

She tells me, making me nod my head reluctantly as she shuts the door. Once the door is completely shut I finish reading then head to my closet to grab my running shoes and a jacket. Throwing some books in my bag I make my way downstairs to see the two boys enjoying some cookies my mom made. Glancing to my right I see my dad watching tv, so I go over there seeing if I can get out of this one last time.

Placing a kiss on my dad's cheek I ask him if he is okay with me going out with two boys at 10pm on a school night to which he just shrugs and tells me how it's Scott and Stiles he has nothing to worry about. Groaning I make my way to the kitchen before muttering that I am ready. If only my parents really knew what we were going to do that night I bet they would have changed their mind.

Both Scott and Stiles turn around giving me a huge smile before Stiles takes my hand and another cookie. I can feel the heat rush up to my cheeks at the feel of his hand on mine, but I try to hide it as I say bye to my parents and follow the boys out. Scott glances over to me before asking whether or not I wanted to sit in the front or back. Shrugging my shoulders I told him that I'll sit in the back.

Once we are all in the jeep and are out of ear shot of my parents I push myself forward and in between the boys before asking them where we are really going.