Long Distance Sucks

Newt sat staring into space, remembering and treasuring the times he got to spend with Thomas. The rare times they could be alone together.

It became hard when they lived so far away from each other, long distance relationships don't always seem to work out. So far theirs had, but who knows.

Looking back through memory lane, Newt remembered the special and rare times they saw one another. For example, the first time they met.

Newt had been sitting alone, in a coffee place on the edge of town, he came down every morning to read and observe the people around him, trying to figure out their stories.

As soon as Thomas had walked through the door, Newt had taken an interest in him, watching his every move. Thomas had of course noticed the not so secretive staring and had turned to find Newt going red.

After getting his own coffee, Thomas had made his way over to Newt and sat across from him. They had told each other their names and then Newt asked something that took Thomas aback.

"What is your story?"

It took Thomas a while to reply but eventually told Newt about how he'd grown up with a pretty normal life until his parents had to move to another country and he was forced to go with them.

Unfortunately, Newt learned that Thomas was only here for the rest of the week, so for three more days, as he had been visiting friends.

They soon got to know each other better, meeting up for the remaining three days and learning everything about each other, they exchanged numbers and learnt that they had a mutual friend Minho.

Soon enough they had formed a real bond, but sadly Thomas had to go back and as soon as he'd left Newt had realised his feelings for the boy he'd gotten to know.

They contacted each other every day. Making sure the others day went well and always saying good morning and goodnight.

Newt found out about Thomas' girlfriend not too long after when they were chatting about relationships and how many they'd been in and what they were like.

It had lead to Newt coming out to Thomas as gay and Thomas in return coming out as bi and that he had a girlfriend.

It broke Newt down to the core and he felt his heart shatter a little, small holes gradually being made bigger with every word that came out of Thomas' mouth that was about her.

Only about a month later did Newt finally get over it, it still hurt him, more than he'd like to admit, but he'd accepted it.

About two months later, Thomas came to visit and they'd hugged and laughed when they saw each other again, missing one another way too much for either of their likings.

It took two days for Newt to confess his feelings and that's what started the downhill slope of their friendship.

Thomas had turned down Newt, saying he had a girlfriend who he loved deeply. Soon after, Newt started ignoring Thomas.

It took Thomas forever to get back into Newt's life, way after he'd left from his visit and not long before his next one, Newt finally texted back with a simple good night text five months after not speaking.

Then Thomas revealed he was visiting again and Newt was over the moon. When they met again it was much like the last time, but something different happened after they hugged.

Thomas had pulled Newt in and kissed him deeply, saying he felt the same, he always had, he just wasn't ready and did indeed have a girlfriend who he'd been trying to get rid of but wouldn't take the hint.

Now he'd finally managed to get her to break it off with him, he was free to tell Newt how much he really meant to him.

Minho found out about it all and congratulated the two and then revealed he himself had a boyfriend who he wanted them to meet.

After meeting Minho's boyfriend it was safe to say that he did not like Thomas. He always went on about how Thomas looked too good to be true.

It took Thomas a few days to break down Minho's boyfriend but eventually he got the boy to like him. Minho hadn't told either of them his name and he hadn't bothered to either so they referred to him as crazy-eyebrow-guy.

Eventually Minho told them that he was called Gally. Thomas and Newt were so happy for Minho and they all celebrated being in happy and healthy relationships.

It brought Newt to this moment when Thomas had returned home long ago and Newt was sitting on the roof of their apartment block looking up at the stars, getting out of Minho and Gally's hair for once.

Thomas would be back in three years even though it had already been two. His parents didn't want him visiting as often as it was too much money, Newt had been saving up and was going to surprise Thomas on his birthday in three months by turning up at his house.

For now it was a surprise but Newt didn't know how much longer he could hide it and just hoped when he did visit that everything would go well and they could be together for Thomas' birthday.

A/N: Sooooo...it's been a few days....thank you so much for 600+ reads tho, like OH MA DAYSSSS! Also there will be a part two of them meeting, I literally just had this sudden inspiration and had to write it down. Not overly happy with this though.