Chapter 14

Tilda POV

Beep.beep.beep.

That's all I hear when I wake. All I see is darkness but all I hear was beeping noises. I open my eyes and look around the room to see 8 tear stained faces huddled together.

"Hate to break up the cuddles but hi." I say grinning

"Tilda!" Luke says running over.

"What happened" I ask. As if on cue the doctor walks in.

"Hello matilda. Are you aware of what has happened?" She asks.

"I actually have no clue" I say and look up at her.

"Well when you fell the tendon in your knee snapped and while all that happened you hit your head on the stump that was nearby." So that explains the thing holding up my leg I think to myself.

"In about a week we need to take some tests first." She says.

"Okay well that means you all must be going. Except for her boyfriend." She says. Everybody says goodbye and Luke comes and sits with me.

"I wish I didn't have to stay here" I say snuggling into Luke's chest.

"I know baby but you have to get better. Just think holidays are in a week." I forgot about holidays.

"What are you doing for the holidays?" I ask him.

"Probably going to see my family what about you?" He asks

"Yeah probably the same but we are on opposites sides of the city." I say.

"Well we can meet halfway or something." He says.

"Okay" but that's the thing we can't meet halfway. I can't go back to my family. I can't go back my mum would go off her nut.

"Luke?" I ask.

"Baby what's up?" He asks sympathetically. A tear rolls down my cheek.

"I-I can't go home" I choke out.

"What baby why?" He asks

"Because I don't have a home" I say before breaking down.

"What baby yes you do." He says. I shake my head.

"The day before I left my mum told me not to bother coming back because they won't be there."

"Why" was all he said.

"I don't know." I say. "Please don't tell anyone your the only one that knows." I say.

"I'm not telling anyone. But I told my parents about you ages ago and they want to meet you. How about you stay with me for the holidays" he asks.

"Luke that would be destroying your family time I can't do that."

"Yes you can because here you are my family and I want both of my families together." He says.

"Thank you luke"

"What for?" He asks.

"Everything" I say