Chapter 15: The Beginning of The End

Opening your eyes, you see the walls swimming with ink.
"Y/N, please wake up!" You hear Sammy panicking.
"I'm awake! What's wrong?" You place your hand on his cheek. He looks absolutely frantic.. definitely unlike him.
"The ink demon.. he's here.. we need to go!" Sammy motions to pick you up, and you allow it. You catch sight of Henry, Allison, and Tom all panicking before Sammy takes you out of the room.
"We're right behind you!" You hear Henry yell. This makes you relax a little bit.

You had all been running for what felt like hours. Sammy sets you down, breathing heavily. You look up at him, studying his expression. He looks exhausted.
"Sammy, come down lower-" You couldn't quite reach him from your angle. He looks at you slightly confused, but he obeys and leans over a little bit.
You kiss him without warning. Your fingers brush his now warm face.
"Y/N.. I-" Sammy breaks away from the kiss after a moment. He's completely flustered. It looks like you got him while he was very emotionally vulnerable..
"Is everything okay?" You were concerned that maybe he didn't want the kiss.
"Yes! I just.. I love being this close to you.." He chuckles softly.
You smile gently.
"I do too.."
"Can you promise me something, my dear?" Sammy asks.
"Yes, what is it?"
He looks into your eyes.
"Can you promise me that you'll stay alive? For me? For.. us?" He looks very sad.

Then it clicks.

Sammy wasn't upset by your acts of intimacy, he was upset because he almost lost you.

Twice.

You hold out your pinky. "I promise."
He smiles at your gesture before wrapping his pinky around yours.

"I promise the same, my love."
-------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I'm back! I'm excited to say that I'm ready to continue this story. Just a few notes, though:
- The story might stray from canon in order to give both you and Sammy the best possible ending
- Now that the Employee Handbook has been released, I hope to use some of that information in the story!

I hope you all enjoy ^-^