Chapter 9: Betrayed by an Angel

"You are finally being set free.. I must admit, I hate to see you go. It's been so fun, my little errand team. The heavens are waiting~"
Sammy seemed to have a very tight grip on you, even more than usual. You felt extremely concerned. Maybe he was just nervous?

Soon, Susie began to cry over the speaker.. Then, she began to laugh. Maniacally.

"You really thought I'd let you go? Not with that Boris, I wont!"
Her chilling laughter continued until you saw nothing but black.

"Sammy?" You sat up, pain suddenly crashing over you in waves.
"Lay back down, my dear. You're hurt" Sammy appeared in your foggy vision, stroking your cheek. You nod and lay your head down.
"What.. happened?" You ask weakly.
"Susie sent the lift down. We crashed on the bottom floor.." Sammy had a strange tone in his voice. He almost sounded like he was going to cry.
"Sammy, are you okay?"
"Yes.. I'm fine.." His breathing began to quiver.
"No you aren't. What happened?" You lifted your head slightly.
"I.. I nearly lost you.."
"What? N-No, I'm okay! See?" You grab his hand and squeeze it as well as you can.
"You are now, but you weren't before.. You got crushed under one of the wooden beams. I managed to get you out.. but.." He was crying slightly. "You're very hurt.."
"Don't worry, darling, I'm alive.." Your voice began to shake, out of both emotion and pain.
"Please stay that way.."
You smile weakly. "I promise I will."
You began to fall asleep once again.

When you awoke, you felt arms wrapped around you. You were laying on your side, and Sammy was laying behind you with his arms around you. He was sound asleep.
Your pain had faded slightly. Now that you were fully conscious, you could process what was going on. Sammy had wrapped various parts of your body in now slightly bloodied bandages. A dull pain throbbed in your ribs. You must have broken them.
Nearby, Henry was asleep on a cot. He was equally as bloodied and bruised as you. Boris was nowhere to be seen.

Feeling a strange sense of peace, you let yourself melt into Sammy's arms. Listening to his gentle breathing and heartbeat made you drift back off into a very peaceful sleep.