Chapter Five: Newcomers

"Okay Joey, I'm here, let's see if I can find what you wanted me to see."

One day, Sammy and you awake to hear a familiar man's voice at the front door.
"Henry?" Sammy asks, sitting up in bed and putting his mask on. "Stay here." he says, and walks off with the axe. Sitting anxiously, Sammy comes back later with Henry.
"Hi!" you wave sweetly. Henry waves back.
"I already explained everything to him" Sammy says to you, sitting down on the cot beside you. His weight causes you to tip toward him slightly, which results in your head resting on his upper arm. He wraps his arm around you happily.
"So, you said we can't... escape?" Henry asks, and you can tell it stings for him to say those words. Sammy shakes his head no. Henry nods silently and sits on a nearby chair. You all stay silent for a few minutes.
"Is anyone else here with you two?" Henry asks.
"Yes." Sammy replies. "Hundreds of people. You're lucky Joey even let you leave when you did, because everyone after you became his lab rats." Sammy says angirly.
"Not them, though?" Henry asks, pointing to you.
You shake your head no.
"The ambulance came before he had a chance to take me." you explain.
"You and I are the lucky ones" Henry says. You nod.
"Well, even if he didn't get you guys then, he has you now." Sammy sighs. "Joey Drew is a monster."
"He is indeed." Henry says. You have a sneaking feeling that he knows a lot more than you. As everyone trails off into silence, you close your eyes. Soon you're asleep on Sammy's arm without even realizing it.

Waking up, you feel warm fabric beneath your cheek. You realize Sammy or yourself had moved your head while you were sleeping to rest on his leg. You blush softly and pretend to be asleep.
"I can see you're awake, silly." Sammy chuckles, petting your hair.
"Damn." you joke, nestling even more into his leg. He smiles and picks up your whole body. He then repositions you to be laying beside him. He has his arms wrapped tightly around your torso, and your arms are returning the favor. Kissing your forehead, he's essentially melting himself into you. Your limbs are all tangled, and you're just a warm ball of ink and flesh.
"I'm not too upset about not being able to leave." you say softly.
"Honestly, me either." he responds, kissing you again. This time on the lips. His soft warms lips danced with yours, and you blushed even redder than before.
"I love you, Y/N."
"I love you too, Sammy."