Chapter Eighteen-Lily, We have a problem

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter :)

       "Hello, darling." A woman with dirty blonde hair and deep brown eyes greeted him as she walked through the door. She wore a black, strapless lace dress with her hair pinned up in a bun. On her feet, she wore tall, black stilettos that caused her to be Harry's height exactly.

       Harry quickly and quietly shut the door, following the woman into the Family Room. Once he reached her, he placed his hand on her elbow before speaking in a hushed tone, "Lilah, what are you doing here?!"

      "Why I came to see you, silly," Lilah said as she turned her body around to face Harry. She spun into his arms and placed a chaste kiss upon Harry's lips. He quickly pulled back, breaking their kiss, causing her to be slightly pissed.

       "Lilah, this isn't exactly a great time to be here right now," Harry said as he looked straight into her deep brown eyes, hoping she'd understand.

       "And why the hell not?" Lilah asked as she snatched her elbow out of Harry's grasp, placing it on her hip as she pressed her lips together, narrowing her eyes straight at Harry.

        "Because Lily just arrived a few hours ago and I was planning on spending time with her tonight," Harry explained sternly.

         "Oh!" Lilah gasped, "Well where is Lily? I've been dying to see her ever since she left for camp."

       "She's upstairs, putting away the rest of her things. We only just arrived back home less than an hour ago."

       "Well how about I head on upstairs and have some girl time with her?" Lilah suggested as she placed a hand on Harry's shoulder before placing a peck on Harry's cheek.

     "I'm not sure that would be a good idea." Harry said as he rubbed the nape of his neck.

       "Why not?" She retorted, squinting her eyes at Harry.

       "Well, I haven't quite told her our news yet."

      "Harry," Lilah began as she rubbed her temples, "You mean to tell me you've been with her since about twelve this afternoon and you've yet to tell her about our engagement?!"

      "I've been waiting for the right moment. I was actually planning on telling her before you rang the doorbell!" Harry told her as he aggressively ran his fingers through his raven locks.

       "Well then, how about we both go upstairs and share the news with her together?"

         "What news?" Hailey asked as she descended the staircase. Her eyes bounced back and forth between her father and the tall, dirty blonde woman who stood next to her father. 'This must be Lilah.' Hailey thought to herself, her eyes growing wide. She looked once more at Lilah, studying her body language and the way she presented herself.

        'This woman is the total opposite of mom' Hailey thought. 'Mom is so much more laid back and comfortable, while this woman looks as if she has a stick up her butt. I don't understand how he can go from what mom looks like, to her.'

      "Lily you remember my girlfriend, Lilah." Harry said as he walked over towards his daughter and placed his hands on her shoulders.

        Hailey nearly cringed as her father said the word 'girlfriend' but she reminded herself that she needed to pose as Lily who has already known Lilah for months. "It's great to see you again, Lilah." Hailey said as she sent her father's girlfriend a small smile.

        "It's great to see you too, Lily. I've missed you so much!" Lilah exclaimed as she walked over to Hailey and pulled her into a tight hug.

       "So why are you here?" Hailey questioned, but seeing the look her father just gave her, she instantly regretted it.

      "Lily, mind your manners." Harry chastised as he tilted his head.

        "No Harry, it's alright," Lilah said as she stood up straight and looked right at Hailey. "Actually I came to visit your father so we could go over a few things." She took her place by Harry and intertwined their fingers together.

       "What sort of things?" Hailey asked as furrowed her brow as she looked at her father for an answer. Before Harry had the chance to open his mouth, Lilah was the first to speak.

       "Well love, I think it's about time that we tell her."

        "Perhaps you're right dear," Harry replied as he gave her hand a little squeeze. Harry shut his eyes for a moment, trying to summon up the Gryffindor courage as he took a deep breath.

        "Tell me what?" Hailey asked anxiously as her deep brown eyes locked into her father's emerald orbs.

       "Sweetheart, Lilah isn't just my girlfriend." Harry began before taking a small pause. "She's my Fiancée."

         No sooner did those words leave his mouth, did Hailey's jaw nearly drop to the floor. She stood frozen for what felt like hours instead of seconds, as her mind tried to comprehend the news her father had just given her.

       "Sweetheart, are you alright?" Harry asked as he took a step forward and reached his hand out to his daughter. Lilah watched the scene before her, rolling her eyes at Harry's concern for his daughter.

        Hailey backed away slowly from her father's outstretched hand and then quickly turned away from him, running up the stairs and into her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

                                    ** A day and a half later**

                                Los Angeles, California

                                   Apartment 23

             Hermione turned the key into the lock of their apartment as Lily came up behind her mother, both suitcases in hand. No sooner had they both stepped into the entryway did Hermione hear the phone ring from the kitchen.

          "Love, can you answer the phone for me please while I step across the hall to say 'Hello' to Ms. Jenkins and retrieve the mail from her?" Hermione asked as she placed the suitcases in the living room and headed for the Front door once more.

       "Sure thing, Mom," Lily told her as she nodded her head and made her way into the kitchen. Lily carefully picked up the telephone and placed it to her ear. 'This is definitely different than using an Owl or Floo' Lily thought to herself before answering. "Hello?"

        "Where the bloody hell have you been?!" A voice that sounded just like her own, screeched into her ear.

         "Hailey?" Lily asked surprised.

          "No, it's the Queen of England. Of course, it's me!" Hailey said irritably as she paced her room back and forth.

        "Calm down, will you?! Mum and I just walked through the door from an eleven-hour flight and mind you it wasn't on a broom either." Lily told her sister in a hushed tone before continuing," What's the matter? Is dad okay? And how on earth are you calling me from a telephone?"

       "I begged dad to get me one. Told him I met a muggle friend who didn't yet have access to an Owl, but anyway, the real reason I'm calling is we have a big problem!"

        "What's the problem?" Lily responded as she took a seat at the dining table.

        "Dad."

       "What about him?"

     "Lily...He's getting married."