Chapter Twelve-Sisters

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter :)

          Hailey and Lily stared at one another, gob smacked at the reflection they saw in their chocolate brown eyes. Whispers swept around the pitch as everyone stood mesmerized at the fact Hailey and Lily looked identical. Hailey took a deep breath as she stuck out her hand to Lily.

        "I'm Hailey."

         "Lily." She replied as she returned the girl's handshake.

         "Why don't we let you guys talk." Jenna said and then turned towards the crowd of people, "Oi! Let's give them some room to breathe shall we? Go on, find another activity to gawk at!" she told them as she shooed them away. She, Dylan and Grace made their way to a group playing Gobstones.

          "Would you like to go for a stroll?" Lily asked, noticing the next group of quidditch players were getting ready to play.

            "Sure." Hailey nodded and the two walked in sync around the camp.

           "Why is it that we look alike?" Lily asked Hailey, as she folded her arms across her chest.

           "Honestly, I have no idea. This is just as confusing to me as it is for you." Hailey responded, rubbing the nape of her neck.

          "I know that this might sound crazy, but I feel like I have seen you before." Lily said as she felt a strange feeling in her gut. Normally when that feeling happened, she was usually right.

          "It's not crazy. Have you ever traveled to the United States? Do have any family that might live there?

         "Not that I know of. My mum left my dad and I when I was just a little over one, but no one knows where she took off to."

          "I'm sorry. I know what it's like for a parent to leave you alone at a young age. My dad left the day before Christmas, so it's just been my mom and I for ten years."

        "It's alright. I know my dad feels like he has to be both a mum and a dad, but sometimes I wish he didn't have to be. I honestly wish my mum would show up one day and come be with us rather than Lilah, his stuck up girlfriend."

        "You don't like her, I guess huh?" Hailey asked as they sat on a bench.

         "No way! She's a prude. She's way into her appearance and what the latest magazines are saying. Any time dad leaves to go on a case and leaves me with her, she treats me like vermin. She'll shoo me out of the living room so she can watch her latest soap operas, or dad will ask her to take out the garbage and she'll make me do it instead. She's ghastly. She hates kids, but I know she's only with my dad because of his money he inherited as a child."

        "Goodness, that's horrible. I couldn't imagine someone like her living in my house." Hailey said as she went to fix her chain that held up her locket.

        "What's that around your neck?" Lily asked as she pointed to the locket.

        "Oh, it's my locket my mum gave me when I was one." Hailey said as she scooted closer for Lily to look. Lily stared at the locket hanging around Hailey's neck and her eyes widened. The locket was the exact replica of the one she owned! She rubbed her thumb over the fourteen karat gold, heart shaped locket. The inscription on the front of the locket even read, ' Always in my Heart'.

          "I have one just like that! It's the last thing my mum gave me before she left." Lily exclaimed as she pulled her locket from underneath her shirt. Hailey let out a small gasp as she stared at Lily's locket. 'This is just a coincidence, right? Lily and I being identical and having matching lockets?' But deep in the pit of Hailey's stomach, she knew it wasn't merely a coincidence.

        "I know this might be a rather strange question, but what picture do you keep in your locket."

      "A picture of my mum. Why do you ask?" Lily questioned as she turned her head to the side, giving Hailey a perplexed look.

         "Well, my locket holds a picture of my father. And I have a hunch on why you might have seen me before."

        "Okay, how about on the count of three, we each show one another the picture of our parent?"

       "Sounds like a plan." Hailey told her with a smile. Both the girls turned their bodies towards on another on the bench as they took deep, calm breaths.

        "One, two, three!" Lily counted and then both the girls unclasped their lockets and showed them to one another. Lily and Hailey were shocked at the images coming from the lockets. In Lily's, Hermione was smiling brightly as her eyes glistened with happiness in them. Her hair was a bit shorter than it was now, but Hailey knew that was her mother nonetheless. Hailey's locket contained a picture of Harry, smiling radiantly as he sat under a rather large tree as his untamed hair dancing with the gusts of wind.

       "That's.. that's my dad."

         "That's my mom." Both Hailey and Lily stated, as shock engulfed them. How could this be? Dad never once mentioned me having a sister.' Lily thought to herself.

          'Why would mom keep this from me? All my life I felt alone, with no friends or siblings to play with, so why would she hide Lily from me for all these years?' Hailey thought gloomily as she and Lily closed their lockets.

      "I can't believe it. I don't understand why mom never mentioned you or dad that much to me. The only things that she told me about dad was the fact that they had been best friends as children and saved the world together, but other than that, she never gave me as much as a hint about you."

       "I know exactly what you mean. Dad never told me that I had a sister, let alone a twin." Lily responded.

       "So what are we going to do now?" Hailey asked.

        "There's only one thing we can do."

         "And what's that?"

         "Get our parents back together."