Chapter Two-Six Months Later

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter :)

               Hermione returned home from work for the second day in a row feeling strangely tired and nauseated. She worked as a Healer at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Her boss had told her to go home earlier this morning when she noticed how pale Hermione looked but she refused since she had an appointment with one of her long term patients that had been under her care for the last year.  

           She placed her belongings on the kitchen table and walked to the bedroom she and Harry shared. No sooner had she stepped into the room, she felt the urge the vomit once more. She quickly ran to the bathroom and placed her head above the toilet and let the remaining contents of today's lunch spew into the toilet.

             "What on earth is wrong with me?" Hermione asked herself as she flushed the toilet and went to the sink to splash cold water on her face. She walked out of the bathroom and went back into the bedroom to change into her night clothes. "Perhaps a nice kip will help me feel     better before Harry comes home." Hermione thought to herself as she crawled underneath the covers and quickly dozed off to sleep.

         Nearly two hours later, a soft pop echoed in the kitchen as Harry Potter appeared. He noticed his wife's belongings were sprawled on the table so he walked towards the living room where she usually was after coming home from work. When he stepped into the living room, he noticed she wasn't seated by their bay windows reading the latest Karen Kingsbury novel. He walked up the stairs leading towards their bedroom and called out her name, "Hermione, are you awake?" He noticed their bedroom was dark and there was a feminine figure tucked under the covers, sleeping soundly.

              'She looks so peaceful.' Harry thought to himself as he watched his wife's sleeping form. Deciding that he did not want to wake her up, he quietly made his way out of the bedroom and closed the door shut behind him. He walked towards the bay window and kicked off his shoes as he laid down and shut his eyes as he thought of his brunette wife sleeping soundly upstairs. About an hour later, Harry felt someone shake him and call out his name.

              "Harry." a sweet voice whispered and continued trying to wake him up.

               "Harry!" The voice said louder, which caused Harry's eyes to flutter open.

             "Hermione?" He asked as he rubbed his eyes and sat up.

          "Yes, Harry it's me. Why? Were you expecting someone else?" She asked teasingly as she sat next to him.

           "Nope, the only person I need to see is you." Harry answered her which earned him a kiss.

            "Good answer."

           "So how was your day?" Harry asked her as he pulled her onto his lap.

          "It was fine except for the fact I've felt nauseated all day." Hermione answered as she brushed his bangs out of his face.

        "Oh Hermione I am so sorry. Do you want soup or anything?" Harry asked concerned.

        "No Harry, I am fine but thank you. I'm just a little tired." Hermione said as she laid her head on his shoulder.

         "Then let's put you back to bed." Harry told her as he grabbed her off the couch and put her over his shoulder.

         "Harry, put me down!" Hermione ordered while she laughed.

          "I will, just hold on." Harry said playfully as he ran up the stairs toward their bedroom and closed the door.

               Over the next couple of days, Hermione kept getting worse. She was throwing up throughout the mornings and nights. Harry had witnessed the vomiting during the moments when they were together and he was getting worried about his wife. Never in their time together has he ever seen her so sick and not able to hold anything more than a glass of water down.