Chapter One-The Wedding

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter :)

               It was a wonderful winter afternoon on February 25th, 1999. The soft, white snow had fallen during the night, there was a cool breeze looming in the air, and the sun was shining in the blue sky above The Burrow. Today was going to be absolutely perfect, for it was the wedding of Harry James Potter and Hermione Jean Granger.

             "Oh Hermione, you look beautiful." Karen Granger told her daughter as she began to cry. Her only daughter stood in front of the mirror as she looked at her reflection. The dress was a white strapless petite ballgown with a sweetheart neckline and beaded lace that showed off her curves. Her two- inch high heels were hidden underneath her dress as if she was walking on air. She wore a pearl clip on the left side of her brown curly locks as it fell two inches past her shoulders. Her tulle lace applique fingertip veil fell to the middle of her back as pearl earrings dangled from her ears and the matching necklace hung around her neck.

             "Oh Mum, please stop crying, you're going to ruin your mascara." Hermione joked as she sat on the bed next to her mother in Ginny's old room.

            "Well, when you have children of your own and you are about to watch them get married, you will understand why I'm crying." Karen told her daughter, wiping off the tears that were running down her face.

            " I am sure that I will, seeing as Daddy always says I'm just like you." Hermione said as she gave her Mum a hug.

           "Your mother is right Hermione, you look stunning!" Ginny Weasley said as she and Luna were adding the finishing touches to their make up before putting on their bridesmaid dresses and styling their hair.

           "I'm so happy your day has finally arrived Hermione. This is the day you and Harry have dreamed about for a year." Luna chimed in as she gave her best friend a gentle hug, being careful not to wrinkle Hermione's wedding dress.

           "Thank you ladies. I'm sure some day soon I will be able to return the favor and help the two of you get dolled up for your weddings." Hermione said as she winked at the two girls who blushed in return.

           " I wish that were true. I've been hinting to Ronald about being ready for marriage but he doesn't seem to pay attention anytime I talk about it."

          "Don't beat yourself up, Luna. My brother can be pretty daft when it comes to women. Next time you hint at it, maybe place a pile of chicken wings in front of his face and maybe he will pay attention." Ginny told her as everyone in the room chuckled. Karen and Hermione helped Ginny and Luna fix their hair and dresses while Molly Weasley was downstairs making the final preparations. Once the two girls were done getting ready, they bid Hermione goodbye and told her they would see her in a couple hours as they were going downstairs to help Molly.

          An hour later there was a soft knock on the door. "Hermione, May I come in?" Roger Granger had called through the door.

        "Come on in, Daddy." Hermione said as she and her mother stood up and pulled her veil over her face.

        "Wow Hermione, you are absolutely breathtaking." Roger told her as he stepped into the room and walked towards his little girl. He stood in front of her and rested his hand on her cheek. "You look just like your mother in this dress." He told her as a small tear ran down his face. Karen stepped from behind her daughter to fetch the bouquet of white roses that were sitting in a vase on the dresser.

         "Thank you, Daddy." Hermione said as her mother handed her the flowers. Hermione took one last look in the mirror before her mother and father took her downstairs where her future awaits.