Powers

Desc- DnP are attending 'power school'. This one's very imaginative lol, hope you enjoy!

Phil's POV-

I'm starting 'the school' today. That's what my parents call it anyway. Basically, for my whole life I've had this power. This supernatural, mutant power. I can read minds. I've learnt to control it, but when I told my parents I could hear people's thoughts, they freaked out. They freaked out hard. They didn't believe me at first, but when I told my mum what she was thinking she kicked me out of the house for a while, only to bring me back in and send me to this school.

It's a school for people with powers. A school for people like me. I've done research and I've found out that people like me are classed as 'abnormals' and are sent to this school to learn to control our powers. People tried to separate the powers from people many years ago. Many died whilst some went insane. There's no way of separating powers from people. They're fixed. I walk into the building. It gives of a 'you're all monsters' vibe. My parents kiss me on the cheek and run off, afraid of 'abnormals'. I look around. Many people are in their own world, one person is twiddling balls of fire between their fingers and another is having a conversation with a bird. I decide to join in and sit down, staring at people. I can read thoughts like a book. I just know what they're thinking. It's like their telling me. I stare at this one guy, flicking a light on and off.

I can't believe my mum sent me to this damned school.

Me too, man. I keep staring at people until I land on this one guy. A guy who's busy floating a bag around in midair. It's not the bag that catches my attention. It's him. He's the most beautiful person I've ever seen. I have to close my eyes and open them again just to check he's actually real. His brown, curly hair tumbles down in a messy pile and sits on his forehead, his eyes are a dark shade of brown, his lips are pressed together in concentration. He's so... pretty. I stare at him, reading his thoughts.

My songs know what you did in the dark... so light em up, up, up- wait, is that guy staring at me? He's really cute- wait, is he reading my mind?

That's all I hear as he loses control of the bag he's floating and it rams into me, knocking me over.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" He comes rushing over.

"It's ok, it's ok" I assure him.

"I don't usually lose control, I think it's because you were looking at me" he explains.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that" I apologise.

"It's ok, are you a mind reader?" He asks.

Please no, please no.

He begs in his mind.

"Y-no, no, I just kind of zoned out and happened to be looking at you, I'm sorry" I apologise again.

Phew.

"Um, do you... want to hang out today? We're both new and I don't have any friends so-"

"Of course" I cut him off. He smiles warmly at me.

Two months pass. Dan and I are best friends basically. I still haven't told him I can read minds. When he asks me about it, I casually talk about something else he's thinking about, thinking he might get the hint. He never does. I don't like lying to him but he doesn't want me to know he thought I was cute that first day. Granted, I could've told him I am a mind reader but I wasn't reading his mind, but then he'd be on edge. I don't want him to stop hanging out with me because I'm crushing on him and I really like him. I haven't read his mind this whole time, even though it's tempting. 

"Phil?" Dan asks. I look at him.

He's so pretty. 

My mouth falls open. Dan looks confused. 

"Phil? W-" 

"I'm ok! I'm fine! I just had a weird few minutes" I laugh. He looks relieved. We look up at the sky. 

"It's so pretty" Dan says. Upon hearing the word 'pretty', I smile. Dan likes me. But he still doesn't know I can read his mind. He looks over at me. I look back at his magnificent brown eyes and-

I wish he would just kiss me. Maybe I should go for it, what's the worst that can happen? 

He leans in. I don't know how to react. Dan doesn't know who he's about to kiss. I need to tell him. I press my fingers to his lips. 

Oh fuck. 

"Dan, I-"

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Dan, I lied to you. I am a mind reader and I can read your thoughts and I haven't been but I read that thought you had just then" I blurt. His eyes widen. I look down in shame. 

"Well, maybe you should read my thoughts now" he says gently. I look up at him, taking his thoughts in. 

I don't care, just kiss me. 

And with that, I do. The feeling of his lips pressed against mine is almost too much to handle. I pull him closer, onto my lap. He rests his hands on my chest. We rest our foreheads against each other. 

I know you're reading my mind, Phil. 

"Sorry" I say. 

You're cute. 

"You're cute too" 

Don't lie to me again ok?

"I'm sorry" he presses his lips to mine again. It could last for all time.