Involuntarily

Desc- this is a somewhat cute, very long one shot about a popular kid named Phil and a very unpopular kid named Dan. T/W- attempted rape but pretty much no detail

Phil's POV-

"Look, there goes Dan Howell, more like Fag Howell, am I right?" Pete snorts. That was shit. Shitty-er than shit. That was fucking shit. Troy laughs. I go for my usual 'I don't give a fuck' face whilst leaning against a row of lockers. I glance over at Dan. Daniel Howell, the bullied, weak guy who has my feelings somehow wrapped around his finger without knowing it. I've saved his ass countless times without him knowing it. He gets bullied badly and I want to help him, I really do, but these people are bad people. They've raped people, they've made people take drugs and I wouldn't be surprised if they killed people. I don't want to get hurt. I don't want him to get hurt either. Why do I hang out with these people? Because I didn't want them to hurt me. I didn't want them to target me. I'm the popular kid. The person literally all the girls want to be fucked by. To bad I'm gay, although some shameless guys do ask me out. These people worship me now. I don't like it. It doesn't make me feel loved. It makes me feel threatening and that's just not who I am.

"Let's do to Dan what we did to Polly last year" they plan. Shit. I let the conversation go ahead. They plan to jump Dan while he goes home and kidnap him and... rape him. I say nothing, terrified of getting beaten the crap out of me. I cannot let this happen. I refuse to let it happen.

I make a plan of my own. I'll get my jacket and cover up my face while I beat them up. I know I can beat them up but I don't want them to find out it's me... I don't want him to find out it's me either. I run off as soon as the bell goes. I know the way Dan walks home and I hide behind a wall. Dan unknowingly walks home, looking happy that he didn't get picked on today... *cough*. I see Troy and Pete and Kyle all gathering around and whispering. Troy nods in the direction of Dan. I see them count to three and they jump out and grab Dan, whose eyes widen in surprise and the purest terror. They push him against the wall. Dan tries to kick them off but they don't move. Dan starts to scream and I take the chance to run out. I punch Troy over the head, knocking him out, I kick Kyle in the area and then in the head and I save Pete for last. I knock him out by swiftly picking up a rock and smashing it over his head. I then throw him into the nearby bin and spit on him. I never did like Pete one bit. I grab Dan's arm.

"Come on, you're not safe here" I say, and pull him along. We walk until it's safe for him to go home.

"It's ok now, they're not going to hurt you, I'll make sure of it" I spit, looking in the direction that it took place. I go to turn around.

"Wait!" Dan urges. I turn around. "I want to thank you but I don't even know what your face looks like!" He points out the obvious. He then walks close to me. He reaches up to remove the hood and I back away.

"No! Don't" I demand.

"Come on, please?" He asks sweetly. I huff. I reach up to remove him hood. His soft, pink lips fall open.

"Bet you don't want to thank me now" I chuckle.

"P-Phil? When- how- what- WHY?" He concludes.

"I couldn't let them do that" I shrug.

"But you hang out with them!" He exclaims.

"Involuntarily" I answer.

"But... if you saved me today, how come you never saved me before?" He questions, stepping closer to me.

"I have! I've protected you so many times! Like the time you were about to get beaten up by Troy and I scared him with that spider, like the time you almost got attacked by Pete and I called him pretending to be his mum-"

"Wait, all that was you? You saved me this whole time and you never bothered to mention it?" He interrupts.

"You hate me! You'd never hear me out!" I protest.

"Hate you? I've been crushing on you this whole damn time!" He bursts.

"Well I've been crushing on you too!" I blurt before realising 1. What he said and 2. What I said. He looks at me, shocked.

"W-h-WHAT?" He shouts.

There's silence between us. Me looking into his gorgeous brown eyes, him looking into my blue eyes. Suddenly I realise I'm walking forward. He places a hand on my waist and I weave my hand into his brown locks. More eye contact. More seemingly everlasting eye contact. Fuck it. I lower my head and press my lips against his. He kisses right back and hugs me tight, his hand resting on my chest. I play with the end of his hair and place my other hand on his cheek. This is by far the best kiss I've ever had. All my emotion and pent up feeling comes out in the kiss, and this only makes me want to pull him closer, so that's what I do. Our lips disconnect and he stares at me, emotions more mixed than cake mixture evident in his eyes. The butterflies in my stomach don't leave, it anything they start going even more crazy with Dan's pools of brown staring at me. Even so, I stare right back. I realise he's smiling when the skin under his eyes crinkle, making him look completely irresistible. He reaches out and holds my hand.

"I like you... just a little bit" he jokes.

"I think that's the understatement of the century" I joke too.

"Whatever, you still didn't even notice" he smirks. I ruffle his hair.

"It just felt too good to be true" I explain. He smiles.

"I like you too, Daniel Howell" I smile back, before kissing his forehead softly and walking him home with my arm around his shoulder and him resting against my chest.