The drunk confession I

Desc-

"

I don't want to hear it, Phil! I love being your best friend, you're so good to me, I don't deserve to have you as my best friend, let alone...

"

Dan gets drunk and confesses something to Phil... (I did a part two)

Phil's POV-

I wake up one day and decide to film a video. I don't eat anything because I don't feel like it. I haven't felt like doing anything lately. Dan's angry at me for some reason. I don't know what I did. Get dressed and set up the camera.

"Hey guys!" I smile cheerily. Suddenly I hear a door open and slam. Well, there's the first take fucked up.

"Dan?" I call. There's no answer. I get up and go downstairs. Dan's sat with his head in his hands.

"Dan?" I ask gently.

"Go away" he slurs.

"You're drunk" I point out.

"So what?" he asks.

"Dan, what did I do?" I ask, sitting down next to him.

"It's not what you did" he says.

"Then what is it? Dan, you're my best friend, I don't want you to feel upset" I say sentimentally. It's true: Dan is my best friend, but I also have feelings for him. That's why it pains me that he's upset.

"See? You say that all the time. 'You're my best friend'" he raises his voice a little.

"That's because you are-"

"I don't want to hear it, Phil! I love being your best friend, you're so good to me, I don't deserve to have you as my best friend, let alone..." he trails off. I tilt my head in confusion.

"Let alone..." I urge him to carry on.

"Nothing" he sighs. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Dan..." I look him in the eye. He looks back at me, before looking a mix between cross and upset.

"Goddammit, Phil! You're so fucking confusing!" he yells, frustrated.

"What do you-"

"Oh my god! Isn't it obvious? I'm fucking in love with you! I love everything about you! I love how inventive you are, how pretty you are, how fucking adorable you are, how your tongue always pokes out of the side of your lips when you laugh, how you love to wear plaid shirts and how you chose to be friends with me, how you chose to live with me even though there are so many others that deserve you. For fuck's sake, I'm in love with you and it's making me upset because you would never like me back" he rambles. My heart thuds loudly and quickly in my chest. I stare at him. Maybe he doesn't mean that. Maybe it's just the alcohol talking, but who could say something that passionate and meaningful without meaning it? I walk over to him.

"Dan, you always jump to conclusions. You're so self deprecating to the point where you don't realise how much potential you have. You're so self depreciating to the point where you don't realise and refuse to believe someone you love might just love you back" I list, staring at him to the point where he looks up, his pupils dilating.

"I-"

"You need to sleep, I'll talk to you later, Dan"