Closed off- Jake Gyllenhaal

Credits to owner: writingfortoomanyfandoms on tumblrWarnings: sorta angstWord count: 460 (very short i know)

Warnings: sorta angst
Word count: 460 (very short i know)

Jake gets frustrated with you because you've been kinda closed off and cold to him & he thinks you're gonna break up but you are actually pregnant.

"Okay, seriously, what's going on?" Y/N froze at the pissed-off tone Jake's voice carried. She bit her lip and turned around in the doorway leading to the living room of their shared home.

"What do you mean?" She asked him.

"I mean you've been avoiding me," Jake declared, standing up from the table he had just sat down at when Y/N had left, rushing from the room as soon as he had sat down.

"I don't know what you mean, Jake, I'm right here," Y/N laughed uncomfortably.

"Yeah, but you're about to leave," Jake pointed out. "If you're going to break up with me, I'd rather you just did it than keep stringing me along like this," he informed her, clenching his jaw and staring at her defiantly, looking as though he felt he had it all figured out.

"Break up with - what on Earth are you talking about Jake?"

"I get that it's difficult - being with me when I'm barely around, I understand that it's hard sometimes but I promise I can try and get more time off work if I can. I... I really don't want you to break up with me," Jake said, moving towards her. "But if you're set on doing it then just tell me now, because... the longer you take the more painful it gets for me," he paused, standing right in front of her.

"Jake, I - I'm not... breaking up with you," Y/N shook her head, trying to rid herself of the confusion the conclusion he had drawn had provided her with.

"Then what the fuck is going on?" Jake sighed, running his hand through his hair and glaring at her. "It's like you can barely stand being in the same room as me anymore," Y/N could see the sadness that lay behind the anger in Jake's eyes.

"I'm sorry... I just didn't know how to tell you," she admitted.

"Tell me what?" Jake sighed heavily.

"I... I really had something slightly better planned but whatever," Y/N mumbled, her hand coming to rest gently on her stomach. "I'm - uh, I know this is sudden and not at all planned or at the most convenient time or anything like that..."

"Y/N?" Jake stepped towards her, brow furrowed in worry.

"I... I'm pregnant, Jake," she admitted softly, staring up at him, desperately trying to gage his reaction.

Jake's eyes widened a little and he swallowed.

"You're... I'm.... we're..." Jake shook his head, a slow smile crossing his face. "I'm going to be a dad?" He asked. Y/N bit her lip and nodded. "We're going to be parents?" He confirmed and Y/N nodded again, laughing a little at his excitement. "Holy shit!" He cheered, sweeping Y/N off the floor and hugging her close to his chest.

"Sorry I didn't tell you sooner," she whispered.

"It's okay - I know now."