Saviour- Jake Gyllenhaal

Credits to owner: celebsimagines on tumblrWarnings: hints to an abusive relationship, a described punching scene, sadness, some curse wordsWordcount: 2119

Warnings: hints to an abusive relationship, a described punching scene, sadness, some curse words
Wordcount: 2119

Imagine, you used to date Jake Gyllenhaal, but you split up and you're in a new relationship but your bf is abusive. Jake finds out somehow and feels like he need to save you and you guys get sort of back together.

— A Year Before —

„What do you mean, you can't do this anymore?"

Your boyfriend of two years was sitting on your shared couch in the living room with you standing in front of him, slightly blocking the view to the TV. After you got back from work and found him chilling there, you thought this was the time 'Now or never', to tell him about your current state and opinion of your relationship. You knew, when you had just started dating him, that it wasn't going to be easy – he was actor, of course he would be travelling a lot – but you would have never thought, that it would come to that point, where you just couldn't cope with it anymore and you were trying to make him understand.

"Y-Y-You're never here, how are we supposed to keep this relationship going?"

He scoffed, pretty much screaming at this point "The same way we have been doing this for the last two years!" His hands waved around in rage.

Your right hand was on your hip, while the other one held your forehead while pacing around the room "But that's the point! We haven't been doing it for the past years! It worked at first, but now, you don't even realize it – we almost never see each other!"

Jake stood up, clearly done with the situation, every now and then while yelling, pointing at you "You knew what you were getting yourself in to! I told you, I would be all over the world! Yes, it's hard, but our relationship is not that bad – you have no idea!" You never thought, you would ever say that, but he terrified you. You were scared of him.

Trying to sound as calmed down as you possibly could, you tried to calm him down "See...you don't even see it. There-Look, there's nothing bad about it... we just have to get real and be OK with it."

"I don't even know, what the heck you're talking about", his voice was calmer again, but your rage rose quickly

"ABOUT US! WHAT THE FREAK ELSE?! I don't want to sit here alone most of the nights in the year, missing you on Christmas Eve, Easter-Sunday or whatever freaking holiday you missed because of your job!! I... I respect you... and your job, but I can't do this anymore and that's final", you slowly approached him, taking both of his hands in yours "Please. You have to understand this. I love you. You deserve someone, who can cope with this... all of it."

His head rose up, looking you in the eyes, instead of on the floor "But I love you, only you. I know it's hard, but we can work it out, don't you think?" His voice was shaking, and tears started to form in the man's eyes. Guilt was building up inside you, but your decision was final, so you just sadly shook your head and muttered under your breath "No, I'm so sorry."