Her uncle- Jake Gyllenhaal

Credits to owner: fangirlfanwritings on tumblrWarnings: noneWordcount: 688

Warnings: none
Wordcount: 688

Jake Gyllenhaal imagine where the reader is an twenty something introvert, fresh out of college and is one of his nieces' class teacher. She's also completely oblivious to celebs and Hollywood and so when one day when Jake comes to pick up his niece instead of Maggie or Peter, the reader gets all protective and refuses to let her go with him. Maybe end with Jake falling for her instantly.

You walked outside with your class and watched as the kid's parents, guardians, and sitters waved to them from the sidewalk. The kids ran to the ones they knew, excited and ready to go home. Having just graduated college you were beyond ecstatic when you were offered a job teaching this 1st grade class. You loved and adored all of the 22 kids in your class.

"Miss. Y/L/N," you looked down and saw Gloria looking up at you with lost eyes. "My Mommy's not here."

"She's not?" You looked around and didn't see either of her parents or the woman that would sometimes watch her. "We'll wait together until they get here, ok?" You stood with Gloria and asked her about her day and weekend plans. Fifteen minutes had passed and you were about to go in to call her Mom when you saw a man come running up the school sidewalk.

"Gloria," he slowed and smiled at her. You stopped Gloria from going to this man you had never seen pick her up before.

You forced yourself out of your comfort zone and spoke up for the girl. "Sorry, who are you?"

"I'm Jake, Jake Gyllenhaal. Her uncle, Maggie's brother."

"Do you have any ID on you, sir?"

"I'm her Uncle. Gloria, tell this nice lady that I'm your Uncle."

"I wasn't told she was being picked up by anyone new today. So if I could see some ID..."

Jake finally gave you a good look and tried to play it cool. He thought you were beautiful. He could tell from the way you stood and spoke that you were not used to standing your ground like you were now. The way you acted like a mother bear to his niece only made him more entranced by you.

He stepped forward, pulled out his wallet, and handed you his license. "You really don't recognize me?"

You read the license and handed it back to him. "No, should I?"

He chuckled to himself and lightly shook his head. "No, I guess not."

You looked down at Gloria one last time. "Are you ok to go with your Uncle?"

"Yes, Miss. Y/L/N."

"Alrighty. Have a great weekend. I'll see you on Monday."

******

Jake had spoken to Maggie about you that night when he dropped Gloria back off at the house. "Gloria's teacher is a spitfire."

"Miss. Y/L/N," Maggie laughed. "She's the nicest and more docile person I've ever met."

"She was convinced I was a kidnapper or something. She didn't even recognize me at all."

"She doesn't watch movies or TV much," Maggie told him as she cooked. "I've spoken with her before about films I've been in. She said she sticks to her books so she probably doesn't have any idea who you are."

He dropped the subject for the moment but kept getting lost in thought about you or mentioning you in some capacity through the weekend. It was late Sunday night when the idea of seeing you popped into his mind again. "Hey, why don't I take Gloria to school tomorrow?"

"You really want to?"

"Sure. It'll be nice to get a little more time in with my niece."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm sure that's why."

******

Jake followed Gloria into the school building and let her head him to the classroom. You stood back by the cubbies and helped the kids put their stuff up as they came in. Seeing Jake in the door frame made you stand up straight and walk over. "Good morning Miss. Y/LN."

"Good morning Gloria." The little girl skipped away towards her cubbie. "Mr. Gyllenhaal."

"Miss. Y/L/N, how was your weekend?"

"Great, thank you."

"I was wondering if you had plans for this weekend?" He asked confidently.

"U-um...I'm reading the book I bought over the weekend."

"So you'd be free for dinner Friday night?"

"Dinner?" You couldn't believe it and tried not to blush from the shock. "Ugh, I suppose I'm free."

"Great," he smiled. "Here's my number," he pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to you. "Pick out where ever you want to eat."

You let out a shy grin as you looked at the paper and he looked at you questionably. "You had this ready to go. Oftly sure of yourself, huh?"

He smiled, "Just hopeful."