Changes- Quentin Beck (Mysterio)

This is an au that was made before the movie came out, so it doesn't follow the lines according to the movie

Credits to owner: countlessimagines on tumblr
Warnings: Language, angsty, typos probably
Word count: 734

Time changes people, just like it changed Quentin and you

''Quentin, listen to me." You pulled on his arm, bringing him closer as he tried to retreat from the conversation, "You can't do this. It's not right."

"I can do whatever I damn well please," He snapped, not meeting your eyes whatsoever. He couldn't even if he wanted to.

"No, you can't. Not when it involves you going out a fighting someone who could be a teenager," You sternly told him, determined to win him over.

"(Y/n)," Quentin said with a harshness in his voice. "Superheroes have taken everything from me. It's time for my revenge. And that Spider-man will be the first."

"You still have me."

"That's the problem, though, isn't it?" He laughed like what he said was funny. "I'm so in love with you and if it comes to pass we're together then you'll probably die at the hands of heroes."

"Quentin..."

"No, I'm right. We can't be together anymore and I'm going to go and fight Spider-man."

Your heart broke in waves, his words processing through your head, "But, I love you. We can't end things all of a sudden because you have this evil scheme."

"We have to end it."

Quentin tore from your grip that wasn't as strong anymore because you knew he was lost and couldn't be saved. So, you watched him leave out of your home that was only filled with memories of him now.

-

You were packing your items when the breaking news flashed across your TV screen.

"Reports have claimed that the man who goes by Mysterio has been stopped by Spider-man! His damage will no longer effect the world."

Sighing heavily, you placed the photo down if you and Quentin smiling happily on your wedding day. No one had attended, all of them said they didn't support your relationship and said it would only end in tears.

And they weren't wrong.

-

Years went on with you living with the guilt of not trying harder to keep Quentin from getting himself caught and thrown into prison.

You often thought about how he was before he became so full of rage.

He would wake up every morning before you to shower you with kisses and hugs. He would make breakfast and then go on about what adventures awaited for the two of you that day. He would take you to different cities every week and try new foods and activities.

And on lazy days, he would make sure the two of you had the comfiest pajamas and hot cocoa. He would pop in your favorite movie and drape multiple blankets on himself and you.

Quentin was a loving husband, but he changed because he was mad.

Mad at what he lost. Mad at what could have been. Mad at what his life had come to.

He wanted to give you everything, and you told him he did, but he wouldn't listen - rambling on and on about how heroes ruined your future together.

And now he was locked away to rot.

Or so the world thought along with you.

The news did a cover on how the infamous Mysterio was to be released as he showed "good growth and attitude over the span of six years."

You scoffed, thinking they were stupid for letting him go. That he would probably cause even more chaos.

Sitting on park bench, you watched as your six year old son played on the slide. He looked exactly like Quentin from the hairs on his head to the smile to the way he acted. You named him Trevor after one of your favorite fictional characters.

"Trev, we need to head home!" You yelled across the park, walking towards him.

He pouted but nodded never less and held out his arms. You hoisted him up and placed him on your hip, "Did you have fun?"

"Yes, can we come back tomorrow? Please?"

"We'll have to see, as long as you eat your veggies at dinner tonight."

He ferociously shook his head yes and you had to stop him before he got a headache.

However, as you held onto your son while leaving to your car, you saw a man staring at you from across the street.

You gasped quietly, but Trevor heard you because he was so close, "Momma? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, sweetheart. Nothing at all."

But the man was Quentin, and he stared at you with a sorrowful look before walking off.

And you stood in your place, wanting him to turn around - to come back. But he didn't.

And you didn't chase after him in hopes he might have actually changed.

Instead, you held Trevor closer.