Chapter 9

Evenyone was celebrating I was just laying down on the table. I was still a fox.

"Hey."

I looked up to see Todoroki. "Oh hey..."

"You really get heated up in battle don't you? You were really happy, why aren't you now? Momo started to act off to. Are you sick? I was the one that didn't get effected I think. I could help you take you to the-"

I smiled and shook my head. "No I'm fine Todoroki..."

"You know you can call me Shoto right? You don't need to be so formal with me."

My ears perked up when he said that. "Really I can?"

"Yea, why wouldn't you? Are you sure you are okay? You look beaten up about something."

A tear came from my eye from hiding my feelings.

"You know it's not good to hold in your feelings right?"

I looked at him into his eyes. We were locked in place. "It's hard... Even if..."

"If what?"

Was he really trying to cheer me up? "If I don't know anymore... I... All I did back there was slow you guys down. I meant nothing back there." I cried out finally. "That's why I Get shy I'm scared to talk, I'm nothing special. You have amazing quirks of your own, so does Momo and Bakugou. I am a fox just a fox."

"A pretty strong and cleaver one. It's why we were all paired up. I think you are being too harsh on yourself Y/n. You did more than you realize."

I looked away it started to rain, of course! I got up and started to walk. "I think I am going to head home."

"Alone in the rain? That's a bad idea Y/n..."

Shoto called out as I started to walk away. "Yea I should be fine..." He had a certain look on his face. Was it concern? I walked away and eventually was forced back to being a human. I heard footsteps following me. This isn't good, when I picked up more speed they were faster.

I transformed to a fox, even though it hurt I need to be fast. The people bolted after me. Why did I walk away from Shoto? He wanted to listen to me... To help me... Right? I climbed ladders and jumped over fences. I wasn't fast enough, I was loosing eyesight and my bones where about to go under me. They wanted to grow back to human as soon as possible.

I finally made a dead end I fell and turned into a human. I looked back to see five hungry men. My eyes grew wide as they laughed at me. I'm so weak.

"Come here little foxy girl."

"We won't hurt you, not that bad anyways."

I crawled away I was terrified until a large shield of ice surrounded me. Shoto fell beside me and held me up.

"You filthy men won't go near her. What even makes you think you can go near her? You won't harm, touch, or even think about getting near her. Not as long as I'm around."

I hanged onto Shotos arm. I was so weak I'm weak. He had them pinned with ice then had them arrested for their acts.

"Still think it's safe to be alone?"

Shoto said looking at me. "I.... Not so much anymore." I chuckled then looked at him he saved me... I gave him a big hug. I could tell I surprised him. He wrapped one arm around me. "Thank you Shoto."

"Anytime, though I rather not see you get hurt again. Where is your house?"

I looked around and realized I have no idea where I am... "I don't know, I never been here."

"Okay then."

He picked me up and gave me a piggyback ride. "Todo Wait what are you?!?"

"My place isn't that far from here. You can stay one night, it won't hurt. Then when we get back to the school you will know your way home."

I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. "Thank you Shoto." Who knew he was actually so warm hearted.

"I also want to know what's gotten into you. You are acting strange."

I sighed so there was a catch all alone. I might as well tell him.