|easy • nick scratch|

•••

"Damn (Y/n). You are looking good today." Nick winked at me as I sat beside him on a log. We were outside in the woods because he called me out here to meet him.

"Shut up." I laughed while rolling my eyes. He scooted a little closer to me while leaning close to my ear.

"Never." Nick whispered. He pulled away with a smirk on his face.

I knew he was joking but I wish he wasn't. We were very close, he was my best friend. But I wanted us to be more. I wanted to be his.

I knew I had a blush on my cheeks so I quickly looked down. I played with my hands nervously so I didn't have to look at Nick. I could already see him smiling out of the corner of my eye.

"You wanted to hang out right. Why here though?" I said wearily, hoping he won't hear my embarrassment.

"I don't really know. I just wanted to go where no one else was. Somewhere with my special someone." He chuckled before grabbing something from his pocket.

I watched him as he dug around. I tried to hold in my laughs at his struggle but then he pulled it out.

"What is that?" I asked. He was holding a necklace but I couldn't see what was connected to it. Nick grinned at me before pushing me around so my back was facing him.

"It's for you." He whispered by my ear. Immediately I felt goosebumps on my arms from his closeness. I wasn't sure what was happening, but I let him take the charge.

"Me?" I questioned.

I felt him pull my hair to the side as his fingers brushed my skin softly. This was new to me and I wasn't sure if it was a friendly gesture or not.

"Only for you, (Y/n)." Nick said quietly. He gently clasped the necklace around my neck before placing a soft kiss on my shoulder blade.   I grasped the small stone that was connected to the chain, it was my birthstone.

"Turn around. I want to see how it looks on you." Nick said. I followed his orders as I faced him again.

His eyes lit up once he saw me. I wasn't sure what to do so I looked away as a blush tinted my cheeks again. A few seconds passed before I felt his hands lightly pushing my chin up so he could see my face.

"It looks beautiful (Y/n), you look beautiful."

Before I could reply, Nick leaned in to capture my lips. At first I didn't kiss back, but I soon fell into his arms as he kissed me. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer to him.

We both finally broke apart to catch our breaths. I was panting slightly as he kept me in his arms, a charming smile on his face.

"I love you (Y/n)." Nick said while kissing my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his torso as I placed my head on his chest.

"I love you too."