26

Harley's POV

I hated Peter so much.

Every morning he gets up at the ass crack of dawn to get ready for school and every morning he sounds like a whole god damn horde of elephants storming through the facility. Every. Goddamn. Morning.

I groan to myself as I roll over onto my back in my bed.

On the other side of the vey thin wall, Peter is shuffling around, getting ready for school in a few hours. I swear he's hit this wall on purpose at least three times in past minute.

About an hour later of constant shuffles and bumps against the wall Peter's door practically slams shut and I know he's gone for the day.

I smile to myself before rolling over and closing my eyes again.

Yea, there's no way I'm going back to sleep now. Damn you Peter Parker.

I groan loudly and throw my blanket off my body before getting out of the bed. I shiver and grab a random shirt off of the floor and put it over myself.

I might as well start school for the day and get it over with. God I hate Peter some times.

Peter's POV

School was a lot better than normal today.

I didn't have to be on the look out for Flash, I didn't get dragged into a random classroom after school, and I got to go home without a single bruise.

I could get use to having a school without Flash. Of course it wouldn't matter soon enough since school will be out in a few weeks and I would be too busy avengering things to worry about school anymore.

I smile to myself as I walk out of school for the first time all year on time and without being hurt.

Happy just pulled into the parking lot as I placed myself on the sidewalk. He immediately noticed me and even cut in front of another car, almost causing a wreck, to get to me faster.

"How was school?" Happy asked as soon as I stepped into the car.

"A lot better than normal," I admitted. "Can you stop by Mr. Delmar's new place on the way today?" I knew he was trying to hide his smile as he nodded and said he would swing by.

I hadn't been to Mr. Delmar's since May died and haven't had one of his sandwiches since Harley brought me back one oh so long ago.

A few minutes later we pulled into the parking lot.

"Do you want something while I'm in there?" I asked politely as I hopped out of the car.

"I'm good, I'm actually going to the Stark's tonight for dinner."

"Well lucky you. Tell Morgan I said hi." I said before walking off.

Mr. Delmar's new shop was a lot better than his old one. He got a decent donation from an 'anonymous' donor that gave him the opportunity to find a place in a better location. The small sub shop is the busiest it's ever been.

Mr. Delmar's face lit up when he saw me walk in the door.

"Mr. Parker, it's been a while how have you been?"

"I've been fantastic. Can I get two number fives, one with extra pickles?" I asked as I reached over and grabbed two bags of sour candy.

"Sure thing," a new voice from behind the counter answered. I hadn't heard his voice before; he must be new.

"I thought Bobby worked Fridays?" I said, addressing the new guy. Bobby always worked Friday's at the old place. Maybe he had to quit.

Mr. Delmar's face dropped for a second.

"Bobby died in the blip. When everyone came back he popped back up in the middle of a drug deal..." He trailed off. "You know what they say though, only the good die young." I shook my head at that. It wasn't fair; he was only 20.

"I was sorry to hear about your aunt. How are you holding up?"

"There are good days and bad days but everyone has those."

"Yea we do... So who is this other sandwich for? I knew you have a big appetite but you never get more than one sandwich for yourself." I couldn't help but blush a little bit at the question.

"It wouldn't be for the nice boy who came in here a few weeks ago telling me he knew one Peter Benjamin Parker would it?" I blush more. How did he even know my middle name?

"It might be..." That's exactly who it was for. Mr. Delmar only smiled as he placed the sandwiches in front of me. I got to take out my wallet but he stops me.

"It's on the house kid. Just go back home, eat with you 'friend', and don't wait so long to come back here. You have to keep me in the loop of what's going on."

"I will. I'll see you later."

***

I stared at the door that separated Harley and myself.

Loud music poured out from the bottom of the door. I could vaguely hear Harley humming the words as he did something.

Before I could process what my hand was doing, it rose to the door and gently tapped on it.

I waited for a few seconds but nothing happened. The music didn't get turned down, Harley didn't stop humming, the door didn't open.

I bite my lip a bit as I force my hand against the door, harder than it was last time.

This time the music turned off, Harley stopped humming, and the door opened.

I don't know why but I was a little nervous. My heart was beating fast and my palms were getting a bit sweaty.

Seconds later the door opened. Harley stood in the doorway, a weird smile on his face.

"Hey Queens."

"Hey Keener."

Everyone can thank @TheNerdiestNerd101 for this chapter because he is a pushy little d-hole who wanted an update. Please comment, I like hearing from everyone. - Emma Rose.