4

Peter Parker's POV

Downtown New York was always quite at night; it was the one thing you could always count on about New York.

I don't know what but something was off about that night. I had this sickening feeling in my gut that something was going to happen, something big and life changing.

I tried to shake the feeling as I swung back and forth between buildings. I'd been out here for hours and if nothing happens in a few minutes then I'll have to make my way back to the Avenger's Facility so I can actually sleep before school.

Nothing had gone down all night and to be honest, it was pretty boring. There are only so many things you can do while you are in a mask and waiting for crime to happen.

As I walked down the empty streets I hear something that peeks my interest. Just when I thought nothing would happen tonight.

I followed the voices to an alleyway that wasn't very well lit. My back was pressed to the wall as I waited for the perfect time to let my presents be known while also trying to figure out what the situation was.

Three large men with guns had cornered a small kid about my age in the alley. He didn't look like he had too many valuables on him but I guess when you're poor you're willing to stick up anyone.

"Come on kid, just empty your pockets and throw everything this way and we'll leave you alone."

"Why do I find that hard to believe?" I asked as I leaned my shoulder against the alley wall. In an instant all eyes, and guns, were on me.

"And who are you supposed to be?" The biggest of the three asked, a small smile on his face. "You don't happen to be one of those Iron Man suits do you?" I forced out a small chuckle while shaking my head.

"No, no I'm not one his suits. You don't get this kind of personality from a robot. But that's not what's important here now is it?"

"No I guess it isn't."

"So I'll tell you what, how about you let me and my friend over there get out of here and I'll give you and your friends a bit longer to run from the cops. Does that sound good to everyone?"

"Or," the big dude begins as he cocks his gun. "We could shoot you both, take all your things, and leave you both for dead. How does that plan so to everyone?"

"I like his plan better." My attention snapped to the small voice in the corner who had spoken. He was a bit taller than I was but nowhere near as muscular.

Just as one of the armed men went to punch the boy, probably to shut him up, I sprayed a web that reached his hand right before it collided to with the boy's face.

"Well look at the time, its time to wrap this up so I'll be taking those." As I speak my sentence I grab onto the men's guns and throw them a safe distance away before webbing all of them against the wall.

"I tried to be nice about this but you guys were being jerks, so this is primarily your faults. Come one kid let's get out of here." The men shot rude glares at the boy as he made his way past them quickly. Once we were a safe distance away I told Karen to call the cops and to have them come pick up those guys.

"Where you headed kid?"

"Don't call me kid, you can't be that much older than me." I chuckle a bit before I get my first real look at him. The first thing I really noticed about him was his blue eyes. They were very bright against his pale face. Due to the light all I could tell about his hair was that it was darkish, in this lighting it looked black kind of.

"You're right. Sorry, what's your name and where are going?"

"Harley and I'm headed to my hotel but I'm not exactly sure where that is. I got a little turned around." I nod and think of all the hotels in the area.