18

Harley's POV

I will say this about New York: they do have some damn good pizza.

I'm not exactly sure where Peter took me but I would gladly go back any day of the week. Of course the Peter was the main reason I loved it as much as I did. He was making terrible science jokes the whole time while I kept throwing things at him to try to get him to shut up. It never worked though; he kept catching everything I threw at him.

After we got back to the facility it was about 10 o'clock. Peter had to go to school the next morning and I had to stay in my room and do school so he called it a night when we got back to our hallway.

He went to his room and quietly shut the door behind him as I stared at the door that kept me from seeing Peter.

I bit my lip as I walked back to my room and closed the door. I looked over to my bed where my computer laid. I thought real hard for a second before walking over to it and lying on my bed.

I bit my lip hard as I typed two words into the search box.

Ben Parker.

A lot of things popped up about him. He worked at a company called Oscorp before he died with Peter's dad but as a security guard, not a scientist. He married Peter's aunt at a young age.

I couldn't help but slip out an audible gasp at the next thing that popped up.

'Ben Parker, causality number 45 in the attack on New York.'

I felt so bad for Peter. That's when as idea popped into my head.

I felt a smile come onto my face as I grabbed my phone and computer chargers and my ear buds.

And just like that, I knew I wasn't going to sleep any time soon; but you know what they say. There ain't no rest for the wicked.

Peter's POV

I wanted to kill my alarm clock the next morning.

I had barley gotten any sleep last night and when I finally managed to go to sleep I had a nightmare making me wake up about an hour after I had gone to sleep.

Rubbing my eyes, I crawled out of the bed and in the direction of the bathroom to take a shower.

An hour later I was grabbing my bag and heading down stairs to where I knew Happy would be waiting in the car to take me to school.

Happy didn't look very happy when I got in the car. I knew a lecture was coming my way the second we got off the driveway.

"What were you thinking?" He asked in a calm voice.

"I wasn't thinking right."

"Yea that's obvious. Something had to be going around in you head when this happened. What was it?" The only thing that was going through my mind was 'how could you fucking break it'?

"I just wanted to see my friend. I haven't been able to spend any time with him since I moved out here."

"I'm sure four days wouldn't have killed you two." To people who are use to being wit each other everyday since we were 5, four days was a lot.

"I'll be more careful next time." I assured him.

"There better not be a next time. You almost gave Tony a panic attack. You don't give people who've held infinite stones panic attacks." From the stories I heard I'd say the Avengers gave Thanos a panic attack when they went to get the stones but okay.

"I understand." I say as I look out the window and pray that we could hurry up and get to school.

"I'm not saying all of this to make you feel bad about doing it, I know you feel bad about it, I'm saying it so you know how much Tony cares for you.

"When he thought you were missing I practically had to keep him from calling the National Guard." I smiled a bit at that.

"I'll be more careful from now on."

"You better be. You're not just a kid from Queens anymore. You're an Avenger and Avengers have big red targets plastered on their heads at all times." He said as he put the care in park so I could get out of the care and walk into school.

"I'll keep that in mind." I say as I get out of the car and into school.

I hadn't even thought about the fact that I had a target hanging on my back now. I was always going to be someone that some one somewhere wants dead. Someone could kill me at any second.

Just like that, my senses were heightened and I was ready for anything.

I'm sure Happy didn't mean for his words to scare me, but they did. Me, Harley and any other kid that joins the new Avenger's Initiative, we were all going to have a bounty on our heads no matter what we did.

No state of the art equipment is going to stop a couple bombs and the second they go off the whole facility is dead and it would be our fault for just trying to help people.

"You're thinking awful hard." I heard Ned say as he stood by my locker.

"Don't I always?"

"I'd say yes, but we both know that your mind is pretty much just white noise." I scoffed.

"Yea all that white noise up there is what got me into the Stark internship."

"No, a suit and a spider got you into the Stark internship." He pointed out making him playfully push away from me.

"Jerk." I mumble to him as I walk down the hall. I heard him laugh as he walked down the hall in the other direction to his first class.

The bell was about to ring so almost no one was on the hall.

I felt someone coming up behind me fast making me turn around quickly. I dodged his hand that was coming for my shoulder just in time but I did nothing else to him.

Once I realized it was him I didn't care anymore.

His hand landed on my shoulder and a second later my back was flush with the hard wall.

"Come on man, we have class in like two minutes."

"Wait for me after school Parker, or you'll regret it." Could he be more cliché?

"It's not even Friday dude. Let me go and save it."

"I'll do what I want, when I want." He seethed as he pushed my shoulder harder into the wall and walked away.