CHAPTER THIRTY

Within the darkness of the forest, Jace crouched down as the warrior team approached. The moment they were close, he moved with unimaginable speed, ripping all their guns from their hands and tossing them to the ground. Before any of them could scream and alert the others, his fist struck their chest with enough force to break through their rib cage. One by one, they all dropped dead to the ground, a hole in their chest.

He wasted no time and moved closer, using the shadows to his advantage. Being of royal blood truly had its perks. When he reached the first wolf on guard, he grabbed him from behind, covered his mouth and bit over and over again his neck until the man stopped struggling against him. He tossed the body to the side before continuing to eliminate every threat that stood outside.

Within seconds, he had managed to take out everyone in the front yard. He stood waiting and couldn't help but smile as Walter came up from behind the house, covered from head to toe in blood. He nodded and then whistled, the signal for Ludovica.

Everyone waited for the front doors to open. As Jace glanced up, he caught a glimpse of two figures moving at the speed of light on the rooftop of the mansion before they disappeared into a close three.

Angie?

So, you decided to speak to me.

Why did her cold tone stab him in the heart like the blade of a dagger?

He didn't speak to her again. All he wanted was to make sure she was fine. As he stared at the canopy, he hated himself for being so damn weak. He should have fought the temptation, but he didn't. He had promised that he would never look at another woman, never fall in love again, but here he was, fighting not only to keep his friends alive but also to make sure Angie didn't get hurt.

Anthony came and crouched beside Jace. "How long do we have to wait?"

"Where is your sister?"

Anthony glanced briefly at Walter before whispering, "In the back, waiting for the signal."

"Jace?" Walter crouched beside them. "Something is wrong."

"Give her a couple of minutes more. Deigo has no idea the guards are dead. We have to wait for her signal." Focusing on his sight, he glanced at the tree to find Dmitri crouched down, aiming his arrow probably at Diego. If something was wrong, he would have let that arrow lose, so Jace kept calm and waited.