CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

The next morning Ludovica woke up and stretched out her hand to find the side beside her empty. After rubbing her eyes, she turned to her back and sat up, eyes searching for Dmitri.

How could she have fallen asleep?

She had heard many times how once one mated with their destined one, the first few hours would be extremely lustful—and they had been. All it took was a smile, one kiss to the cheek and they quickly became lost once again in an erotic dance that was extremely hard to stop.

After glancing at the clock to confirm no one would be up yet, Ludovica put on her pajamas and headed out of the room to brush her teeth and take a shower.

Once the water wasn't ice cold, she jumped into the shower and stayed under the shower head. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't stop thinking of what had happened. Of how much she had enjoyed every second. Her cheeks grew warm when she remembered his hands roaming her body, his lips nibbling at her earlobe.

The warm in her cheeks intensified when she realized he was actually in the shower with her, leaving feathery kisses up her neck as his hands explored every inch of her body.

"We need to talk."

She laughed and he joined her. God, she truly loved his soothing laughter. "And you couldn't wait until I was done taking a shower."

He shook his head and she bit her lips when his hands slid lower. "Dmitri...I can't talk if—"

"Why did you stop your wolf?"

She didn't answer him—even if she wanted to, how could she when he was doing things that didn't make her think straight? Soft sounds escaped her lips against her will and he kissed the spot he would mark her as his for eternity.

He bit down a bit, but not enough to leave a mark. Still, the effects it caused had her legs trembling, threatening to not withstand her weight. When he stopped his torture, she faced him and kissed him. He lifted her and wrapped her legs around his waist. Once again, they made love.

About an hour—or so she thought—later, they exited the bathroom, smelling fresh of soap and shampoo. Ludovica's cheeks grew so hot, she was certain she would pass out. From the dinning table, Hellen smiled at her before blowing on her tea.

"Are you two finally done?"

Vincent chuckled beside Hellen before kissing her cheek. "They're newly mated, so it's understandable."

Hellen laughed again. "A little warning would have been great though." Her cheeks turned pink. "Or at least, you could have locked the door."

Oh, yes, Ludovica was going to pass out. "Sorry."

Hellen stood and walked toward Ludovica with her mug in hand before wrapping an arm around her neck. "I'm happy you have finally decided to give each other a chance."

Beth opened the front door and stepped inside, not once glancing toward Ludovica. "Are you ready?" She asked Dimitri. "We should create the portal as soon as possible."

Dimitri nodded. "Let me get ready."

Once Dimitri had gone back upstairs, everyone's eyes were on Ludovica, but nobody said a damn word, creating a very awkward silence. Perhaps they finally had noticed she didn't have a mark that symbolized her as Dmitri's eternal mate. Beth grabbed hold of her upper arm and tugged her out through the front entrance.

After going down the five steps of the porch, Ludovica wrenched her hand out of her grasp. Beth whirled around, a gust of wind pushing Ludovica a couple of steps back. "How dare you."