Chapter 27

❖Anna❖

Everything went by in a blur, as if I was watching a movie and the story wasn't mine.

Gabriel, Raphael, River and Nicolaas had jumped up as soon as they had recognised my father. They ran after him and tried to capture him, leaving the others behind to make sure I was safe.
Not long after, they reappeared and kept standing in the back, ready to jump into action when needed. Gabriel saw me looking at him and shook his head, answering my thoughts. They didn't find him.

Christy, who was sitting somewhere in the back with Rose, joined them and got in a heated argument with Raphael before she walked away angrily.

When they called my name to come forward and collect my papers, I had out in a fake smile.
Even afterwards, when I said my goodbyes to Kaylee, I barley registered what was being said.

Right now, Gabriel and I are in the living room. The others where send our to work, find new information, and Raphael went over to Christie's place to explain what was going on.

"He ruined my graduation." I say annoyed while pace around the room. "All these years he took pleasure in sending letters and today, one of the most important days of my life, he decides that isn't enough anymore and shows up himself, completely ruining my day!"

"Anna," Gabriel starts, but I cut him short. "No, don't Anna me. You know how hard I've worked for this! And J couldn't even enjoy it because I had to see his face."

As I walk by Gabriel he grabs me and pulls me down on his lap. "Angel, I know you're angry, but we can't change it now."
I huff and cross my arms over my chest, making Gabriel snort.
"You big baby." He says and leaves a sweet kiss on the back of my neck. "But you are my big baby."

Before I can say anything back, Raphael walks into the room with Christy by his side. "Get a room!" He yells, earning a soft slap from Christy.
"I see you told her." Gabriel says, completely ignoring Raphael's remark.
"Yes, I had to, you said," Raphael starts, but Gabriel interrupts him before he can finish his sentence. "I didn't say that was a bad thing Raph. I told you to bring her here before."
Raphael nods and takes a seat on the sofa.
I stand up and walk to Christy. "Let's go to my room. I think I have to explain some things to you don't I?"
"Girl, you most certainly do."

❖Gabriel❖

Anna gives me a quick kiss and leaves the room together with Christy.
I watch them walk up the stairs before I turn towards Raphael. "Are you sure she is the one? Because it hasn't been that long since you woke up next to a different girl every other day."
Raphael snorts softly, but his face becomes serious very quickly again. "Yes Gabe, I'm sure. Otherwise she wouldn't have walked into this house. You know I was, and still am, very careful with my life outside of the gang."
"And you know that I have to be careful as well. There is to much at stake."
Raphael nods, "I understand, but that is another reason why I brought Christy here. With that mol on the loose and the threats from those ugly Bratstvo's getting bigger each day, I want her safe. Where can I protect her better then right here with me?"

After a moment of silence, Raphael sighs, "Your father is going to kill us, bringing not just one but two girls into this house."
"To be completely honest, I don't give a damn thing about what he thinks. He did something wrong when he was leading this gang. That does not mean the same thing will happen to me."

Raphael is about to say something, when Nicolaas runs into the room. "We have a problem."
"Get everyone in our meeting room, we'll talk there. And leave the girls out of it."
"Girls? You mean more then one?" Nicolaas asks. "Who else is here?"
"Christy."
"Christy? Has someone grown soft?" Nicolaas says, clearly annoying Raphael, but I interrupt the both of them before they can say anything else.
"Focus! We have more important things to do."