Chapter 5

❖Anna❖

Gabriel has been visiting for a couple of nights straight. He's either here alone or he's accompanied by some of his friends. Every night he tries to walk home with me. But I have been able to convince him, every time that he doesn't need to.

Tonight he's here once again, sitting with Eliot and someone else I haven't official met yet.
"Welcome at Pub Gunn. What can I get for you tonight?" I ask when I get to his table. "Do you have to say  that every time?" Gabriel asks with a small smile. "Well, I can't show the costumers that I might have favourites." I answer with a wink earning a small laugh from his neighbour.
"Hey Elliot!" I turn towards him. "Hey you. Long time no seen." He answers.
"Yeah, I thought Gabe would have already brought you to our place again. You should hear him some... " The other guy says and Gabriel hits him on his head.
"Excuse this idiot. Raphael was dropped a lot as a baby. His mom couldn't stand his ugly face." Gabe says with a glare to Raphael, making me laugh a little.
"It's okay. So I guess you want a beer? Elliot, what would you want?" "Just a cola." "And another beer for me!" Raphael tips in.
"Two beer and a cola coming right up."

At the bar Christy is waiting for me with a huge smile on her face.
"Tell me everything!" she commands. "They want two beer and a cola." I answer, knowing that she didn't want to hear that. It's nice to annoy her sometimes.
"Anna!" she says annoyed and I can't help but laugh at her childish behaviour. "You know very well that that was not what I meant!" I tab the two beers and smile at her as innocent as possible. "I really have no idea what you're talking about." Seeing her getting even more annoyed I walk off towards the table Gabriel is sitting at.

"Two beers and a cola." I say while putting down the drinks. "Anything else?" I ask and I see Raphael look around me. Following his look I notice Christy sort of hanging over the bar to see what's happening. As she notices us looking, she jumps back and almost falls over by her own clumsiness. "How about her number?" Raphael asks, earning another slap from Gabriel. "How about no?" I answer and turn my look towards Elliot. "No thank you. We know where to find you if we need anything." He gives me a sweet smile and I walk back towards the bar, where Christy is still waiting for me, but this time with a slightly red face.

"Now speak." She says. "Okay," I giggle, " what do you want to know?"
"Why is mister 'Iook good in black so I wear it every day' here for a couple of days straight, and why is he always sitting in your section of tables?" I let out a small giggle cause of her description of Gabriel. "Ow! And I want to know is name." she quickly ads to her previous questions.
"His name is Gabriel, and we met a couple of nights ago. He saved me from some idiot in the street who tried to bother me and now he wants to walk me home every night." I tell her the very short and 'light' version of what happened, not wanting to make her worry. "He saved you? And now he walks you home every night?" she asks dreamy. "Saved, yes. But I haven't said yes to the walking home part yet." "Why not?" Christy sighs dramatically "That would be the perfect beginning of a love story!"
Christy is an over romantic person for everyone who didn't notice that yet. It wouldn't be a surprise if she were already planning my wedding in her head.

"Christy, we only just met. Don't expect too much from it please. I don't even know if there ever will be something between us." I look over to where Gabriel is and see him already looking at me, our eyes locking and he gives me a small smile.
Raphael says something to him and makes Gabe's expression turn serious again.
Behind me I can hear Christy mutter something under her breath and I turn back to her.
"What?" I ask her, wondering what she was saying.
"Nothing." She says with a smile and she goes back to her work.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

At the end of my shift the pub is almost empty. Even Gabriels' table was empty, which was new, since the last couple of days, he would be here until I was gone.
I say my goodbyes to everyone and walk out of the door, only to get a heard attack as soon as I step one foot out of the door.