Chapter 26

❖Anna❖

"Good, now try to hit that target over there."
All morning, Gabriel has been teaching me , like he promised, how to correctly use a gun. He loan me one of his smaller pistols for today, cause he thinks that it would be less likely for me to harm myself.

I aim carefully and shoot, somehow hitting the targets ones again.
"You're a natural Anna! Even the twins had more trouble learning this."
I laugh softly, feeling flattered as I see Gabriel's proud look. "You did great mio angelo." He leans down and leaves a sweet kiss on my lips.
"We'll practise again some other day. I think you've worked hard enough for today."

We clean up the mess I made and walk back towards the house.
Gabriel had send the guys out to work with some other members of the gang, so we have the house for ourselves for a couple of hours.

"How about some food?" Gabriel asks ones we step into the house.
"Sure, we haven't had lunch yet."
"Then I will make you something. Go sit."
I sit down at the kitchen table and watch Gabriel move around the kitchen. It's almost mesmerising to see the way he walks around, the way his muscles flex when he works.
"Like what you're seeing? Gabriel suddenly asks.
I blink out of my trance and feel a blush coming up, slightly embarrassed that he caught me staring.

"Can't really see anything." I answer, thinking I'm very smart to come up with that.
Gabriel raises an eyebrow and looks at me "Really?"
I see the glance in his eyes change into mischief and I know I was maybe not so smart.

Gabriel slowly steps closer and his hands find their way to the front of his shirt. His eyes keep connected with mine as he starts to lift his shirt.
My eyes start to travel down to his abs ones they come in view. I can feel my mouth fall open while my eyes follow his movements.
His strong chest and his arms full of muscles make my mouth water.

"How about now?" Gabriel asks as he drops his shirt on a chair. "Is this better?"
Unable to form any words, I nod my head, earning a smirk from Gabriel.
"God to see that I have the same effect on you as you have on me. Next time I need something from you I'll just drop my shirt. I'm sure I can get anything that I want then." I nod again, still not able to say something.
Gabriel's smirk grows as he steps closer and leans down, his lips almost touching mine. "Good to know." He whispers before quickly turning back around and focussing on the food he was preparing, leaving me to be a hot, melted, mess.

❖Gabriel❖

Anna is currently cuddled up on the couch with a book. I slip my shirt back on an smirk at the thoughts of what happened earlier.

I'm about to sit down next to Anna when my phone goes off.
"Yes?" I say as I pick up.
"We caught a fly." River answers and I know right away what he means.
"Keep him sweating till I get there."
I put my phone back into my pocket and look towards Anna, whose eyes are already on me.

"Everything all right?" she asks with her eyebrows drawn together in worry.
I bent down and smooth the skin in between her eyebrows with my thumb. "Everything is fine angelo. You have nothing to worry about." I kiss her softly and stand up straight.
"River asked if I could come by the warehouse for a little. They need my help with something.  I promise I will bring back everyone before your graduation ceremony starts. Then we can all go together."
She nods, but I'm not convinced that she is okay with it. I can practically hear her brain work overtime. "Anna, have a little faith in me. Go get ready for your graduation. I will be back long before it starts."
"Without any cuts or bruises?"
"Without any cuts or bruises." I try to reassure her. Bending down, I leave a soft kiss on her lips. "See you soon mio angelo."
I steel one more kiss before going away. Leaving Anna with a soft blush on her cheeks.