Chapter 47

❖Gabriel❖

After our 'show' we ordered some men to clean up and we went back to our cars. All I need after that, is Anna.

As soon as we arrived at the house, I jumped out and walked to the door. But as soon as I stepped in front of it, I froze.

There I am, the leader of the biggest mafia group in the country, and I don't know what to do.
A part of me wants to run in there and hug her close to me, but a different part of me is slightly scared of what she might think of me.
Yes, I've killed people before and Anna knows that, but this is the first time it was planned like this.

"Dude, either walk in or move. You're blocking the door and I need a shower. I smell of bloody Bratstvo." Raphael says from behind me, snapping me back out of my thoughts.
"Right, sorry."

I take a deep breath and open to door. To my surprise, Anna is already standing in the hallway. The moment that she sees me, she runs towards me and hugs me tightly.
My previous thought completely disappears and I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me.
"It's finally over angel. We did it. Now you are completely safe."
I feel her arms tighten around me and I do the same. Burying my face in the nap of her neck. I take in her smell, letting it calm me.

"Ti amo Angelo."
"I love you too Gabriel."

We stay like that for a while, holding each other.
The others move around us, but I hardly notice them. Right now, I just need to be here with Anna, knowing she is safe.

❖Anna❖

Gabriel is the first to back out of the hug, which sort of makes me feel disappointed.
"We've got to talk angel." He says ones he sees the look on my face and I know right away what he means.
He wants to talk about my father.

"Do we have to do that now? Can't we just, make a decision tomorrow?" I ask, trying to buy some more time.
"If we don't do it now, we'll keep pushing it forward and it'll never be done. You need to decide now Anna, then you will never have to think if it ever again."
I sigh, knowing he's right.

"I want to see him before I make a decision."
"Then we'll go see him."
I look up at Gabriel, a little surprised. I thought he wouldn't agree with it.
"He's locked in one of our cells Anna." Gabriel explains ones he notices my look of surprise, "He won't be able to come close to you, even if he tried." He pecks me on my forehead and walks off. "Go get ready." He says over his shoulder. "I'll tell the others that we're leaving."

I stay behind in the hall, watching him leave, still slightly confused.
I'd better hurry up before he changes his mind.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

The cells are dark and the air feels chill. Ones we step in, I feel shivers running over my body. Gabriel notices it as well and wraps his arms around me.
"You can leave whenever you want angel. Say the word and I'll get you out of here."
"I have to do this Gabriel."
"I know Angel. I'll be with you the whole time."
I nod and step out of Gabriel's arms. "Here goes nothing." I say to myself as I step in front of my father's cell.

"Look who came back to me." My father says ones he sees me.
It looks like he has lost some weight. His hair hasn't been washed in ages and there is a big bruise forming on his cheek.
"I only came here because I need an answer to something. And you are the only one who can give me that answer."
"What is your question, my dearest Anna?"
"Simple: why? Why have you done all of this?"