Chapter 29

❖Gabriel❖

"Let's go back" I say with anger in my voice. "This has been a waste of time. Hunter better has an explanation for this or he will know the consequences."
Raphael nods and starts the car, knowing it's better to keep quite now and just so as I say.

We came out here because Hunter said he had a lead on Anna's father. But there was nothing at all. Someone will be paying for this.

Ones we get back to the pub, I notice right away that something is off. The atmosphere has completely changed since we were here.

Inside the pub, we find Christy sitting on a stool, crying. Rose is sitting next to her, an arm around her shoulder, as she softly talks to her.
Raphael immediately rushes over to Christy and pulls her close.

"Where is Anna?" I ask, scanning the pub to find my angel.
Christy starts to cry harder at the mention of Anna's name and I can feel the muscles in my body tensing up.
"Where. Is. Anna?" Every word sounds low and dangerous, and I can see Christy slightly backing up into Raphael to get away from my eyes.
"Gabriel, I need you to stay calm. Shouting won't help this situation." Rose tries to argue, but her words don't mean a thing to me. Infect, they only make me more angry.
"Where is she!"

"They took her." Christy suddenly says. "They took Anna."
Tears stream down her face and I see Raphael's arms wind around her as he whispers to her, trying to comfort her.

"Where are Hunter and Sam? They were supposed to keep an eye on this place." I ask no one in particular. I don't care who answers. I just need to know what happened so I can fix it.
"There is a guy with a bullet wound in the back. He refuses to go to the hospital for help, so I left one of my security guards with him." Rose answers.
"What did you bring our Anna into Gabriel?" Her eyes look sad, but full of fire, I ignore it and make my way to the back.

"Boss." I'm greeted by Rose's security guard.
I have people working everywhere in this city, to keep an eye on everything that happens for me.
"How is he?" I ask while looking at Sam.
"He got shot, but the bullet didn't hit any vital things. He collapsed due to the impact of the shot, and the blood he lost made him pass out. But he will survive this."
"That's good. What about Hunter?"
"I haven't seen him sir."
The anger inside me boils up higher and I make my way back into the pub.

"Tell me everything." I command Christy as I send a text to the guys.

Gabriel 01:35   Code black. Queen is taken. Meet me @PG right now!

❖Anna❖

Darkness surround me.
Wrapping around me like a tight blanket, giving me no space to move.
No matter what I do, I can't seem to get out of it.
The darkness pulls me under, leaving me breathless and cold.

The moment I wake up, my head feels like it's about to explode. I slowly open my eyes and am greeted with even more darkness.
For a moment I feel disorientated, having no recollection of what happened before. But after a couple of minutes the memories of what happened start to come back to me.

My dad had gotten to me. After all those years of running and hiding he actually caught up to me. He captured me.

My eyes slowly start to adjust in the darkness and I can finally see where I am.
The room around me was cold and dark. The only light that is coming into the room, comes from under need a big, heavy, grey, door that is standing at the top of a small wooden staircase. I must be in a cellar.
The walls are made from grey stones, cover in mole. In one of the corners there is a bucket and some toilet paper. It smells like the bucket hasn't been emptied in a long time.
The ground is dirty and damp and the only thing that is separating my body from the floor is a small, thin mattress that doesn't leave the cold out.