15.2 - Now

As the teams burst out of the warehouse and made their way to the gate, hostiles swarmed them from the left and right. They came out of hiding from the armory underground and attacked as soon as the soldiers exited the building. The explosives detonated and blew up both the armory and warehouse, sending flying pieces of fire everywhere. The soldiers fell one by one as they ran, beside their comrades who fired back bravely and dared to not look back. All they could care about is running for their lives and running for their lives only.

Just as the soldiers packed through outside the wired fence, the front team's vehicles pulled over not far from the gate, assisted by the reserves. The troops began dashing as fast as they could towards the vehicles.

"GO, GO, GO!" All of a sudden, Captain Amelia split away from Team Alpha and turned back to the gate.

"Captain! What the hell are you doing?!" Private Brianna turned back, yelling at her captain from afar.

Amelia pulled out an explosive from one of her pockets and attached it to the wired gate. She put up her rifle and aimed at the hostiles, who were only a few meters away from the gate. "Go now, Brie."

"I SAID, GO!!"

Brianna dashed away and jumped just in time as the sounds of rapid gunshots and the bomb blasted behind her. The explosion disintegrated a number of the hostiles—and her own captain—in flames.

The individual teams split up from the group and jumped on the vehicles as their comrades pulled their arms up.

Jennie looked back and checked on her teammates right before reaching Platoon D's vehicle. Just then, a fearful scream rang through the air.

"RPG! An RPG coming towards you!"

Three rockets trailed simultaneously in the sky. The smoke flew right over Jennie's head, and towards their vehicles.

"Duck!"

Then came a swoosh, followed by massive bangs that sent the soldiers flying in the air. Several vehicles extinguished in the explosion, along with Team Alpha's vehicle full of the ill-fated soldiers. The American team yelled and screamed in grief, but they could only watch Team Alpha go up in black smoke and ashes.

"TEAM ALPHA IS HIT!"

"WHAT?!"

"Captain Rogers! Private Dan! Sergeant Nick! Ethan, answer, please!"

"Everyone please, SHUT UP AND GO! They're gone!"

"NO, NO, NO! CORPORAL! NO!!"

"GO NOW!"

Gasps and the cries of the soldiers filled Mission Control's large hall. Beside him, GCO Byeon could feel Colonel Matthew clenching his fists at the still dots on the monitor. Finally, he threw his service cap flat on the floor and banged his radio on a desk. The whole room watched as he tottered back and forth, grunting and yelling in anger.

[Jisoo]

Platoon G's truck raced towards the Korean soldiers that were left stranded without their vehicles. In front of them were Platoon B, desperately firing at the attackers in vain without a way out.

"Platoon B! Hurry, get inside!" Jisoo yelled as the car pulled over in front of them. The troops, all covered in sand and ash, crawled weakly up the vehicle and panted heavily once inside the truck.

However, the platoon pulled up only five people.

Where's Captain Seojun and Staff Sergeant Jongin?

Where's... Namhyun?

"Why are there only five people? Where's the three others?" Jisoo asked the platoon.

"Captain Seojun, Staff Sergeant Jongin, Sergeant Namhyun..." Corporal Chaeyeon muttered in the midst of her heavy breathing. "They separated from us when we ran. I think- they're running away in another direction."

Jisoo's face turned pale white. In an instant, she rushed to the two open doors, searching the visible battlefield for any sign of the three men.

"What if this moment right now will be the last time we'll meet?"

Instead, she spotted more hostiles coming for the stranded soldiers and another platoon with a destroyed vehicle in the horizon.

[Jennie]

Jennie and her platoon stumbled back up on their elbows, helplessly looking at their only way out destroyed in flames.

"How the hell are we gonna get out of here?" Jungwook grunted in frustration.

Then, a bullet struck the Private's helmet. The helmet blocked the shot, but it was enough for the Platoon to know they're within the enemy's range.

"WE GOTTA RUN! NOW!"

As her platoon ran in front of her, Jennie looked back at the attackers, who were no more than a half a hundred meters away heading towards them. When the muzzles of their weapons pointed at her, she put her arm up to her face, preparing for any of their bullets to struck her through.

At that moment, a large car rolled right in front of her, blocking sight of the insurgents and the flaming warehouse. Jagged wheels dug the soil underneath it as it abruptly braked. Jennie and her team stopped in their tracks, and looked at the soldiers mounted on the vehicle.

"Jendeukie! Limario! Platoon D! There you are!"

The whole team heard Jisoo's voice as she kneeled on the car door in front of them. The rest of Platoon G finished off the insurgents behind them.

"Jisoo unnie! We need a ride out of here," Lisa told her.

Jisoo looked to her side and asked the driver, "How many more people can we get on here?"

"Two people!" he replied. "Any more and it's too heavy to run smoothly!" Five rescued people were mounted, almost all that the vehicle could hold.

Jungwook grunted. "Oh, come on! We have eight people on the platoon!"

Sergeant Joohyun showed up from the inside of the car. She kneeled beside Jisoo and spoke to the platoon, "Control has called a large convoy of reinforcements. They're coming to get us out. Send just two people here with us. The rest get back to the place where we arrived."

Jennie looked at her comrades, then back at Jisoo and Joohyun. She smiled and said, "I'm their leader. I'm staying with my team.

Lisa stepped up next to Jennie. "I'm coming with her," she added.

"I'm not going to let them go alone. I'm assisting them too," Jungwook joined in.

A concerned but proud smile formed across Jisoo's face. "Please, be careful," she said. "Let's not get Chaeyoung crying again, okay?"

Jennie replied, "We will, unnie. We'll be on our way now." She stomped her feet and put her fingers up to her brow, saluting her comrades. The rest of her platoon followed. "Power in unity!" they chanted.

"Power in unity!" Jisoo and Joohyun saluted them back.

With it, Jennie led her platoon running and taking cover behind the solar panels. They bravely made their way back to the ground where they advanced just a few hours ago.
Platoon G's vehicle rolled the other way, firing at the insurgents.

See you on the other side of the battlefield.

==========================
End of Chapter

The raid still hasn't ended yet. There's still a chapter surrounding this event, but instead of the fighting, it'll focus more on our main characters.