9 - Hostage

5.00 P.M.

Right before dinner, Jennie, Lisa, Jungwook, Seojun, Namhyun, and Jongin gathered together in the lounge of Unit 6. Jennie and Lisa questioned the men about their involvement with their friends, Chaeyoung and Jisoo. The two sat on a table with arms crossed, while the others sat on the other side, staring at the floor awkwardly.

"Unit 6 lounge is the sacred hideout for its inhabitants, supposedly free of outsiders." Lisa playfully intimidated them, holding a hard medium-sized stick. "Do understand that your very presence here is at the mercy of our order."
Everyone tried to contain a snort.

Jennie cleared her throat. "Sergeant Namhyun and Captain Seojun. What is between you two, Chaeyoung and Jisoo?" She narrowed her eyes at them.

The two men glanced at each other. Seojun was the first to speak up. "Corporal Jisoo is the sister of my previous best friend, Chaeyoung is my previous best friend's sister's best friend, and-"

Lisa held up her hard wooden stick to her shoulder and leaned closer with a glare, reminding them once again that they're the ones letting them trespass 'sacred territory.'
"Be honest."

Namhyun finally gave in. "Okay, fine! I have a crush on Jisoo. I don't think that's any news, though. Like, isn't the rest of the barracks basically crushing on her?"

"Oho, so you're the uncowardly one. I think you deserve Jisoo a little," Jennie said. Namhyun awkwardly grinned in response.
"What about you, Captain?" Jennie asked, turning to Seojun with the same glare.

Just as Seojun was about to speak, his phone rang on his lap. He took out his phone. "Oh? It's Chaeyoung."

"Perfect," Lisa said. "Let's see who you really are to Chaeng. Please put it on speaker."

Captain Seojun did as she said and picked up the call. "Chaeyoung-ssi?"

"Hello," the voice said in English.

Everyone's face suddenly turned pale, a series of shivers sending down their spine.

It wasn't Chaeyoung's voice.

Captain Seojun put a finger to his lips at the group. He pulled out his walkie-talkie to record the phone call.

The brash voice continued, "Let's see what we have here. Two, beautiful young ladies; tied up to a chair with a tie around their mouths. Armed men around them, ready to fire at any moment. Would you like to hear their voices?"

The group could hear their hearts rising up their chests and beating rapidly.

"I'm sorry, Seojun... please... save us." Chaeyoung's trembling voice mumbled through the phone. Seojun's eyes opened wide.

"Let's see the other one," the voice continued.

"You better come now. Two, ladder the free roof. They have guns everywhere and Chaeyoung is really scared. Please..."

This time, it's Jisoo's voice. Jennie and Lisa gasped. Both of their friends were taken hostage. With a clenched fist, Namhyun angrily stood up from his chair, sending it sliding away on the floor.

The phone switched back to the brash voice. "What do we want? We're given a really good deal for a pinch of information. All information about your stationed troops. Your allies, personnel, weapons, vehicles, patrol logs, passwords, keys, audio and security footage. All of them.
We have quite a lot of men here. So if you try to come with anybody else, bam."

You have 3 hours to hand it all to the email I'm texting you, and we'll peacefully drop your ladies away. Simple, right? I'm giving a win-win offer; we take the information, you take the girls. Or, if you'd like, you'll prefer to not see them alive again..." The phone hung up. A notification showed up, showing the email address they demanded them to hand information to.