19 - Honor

Note prior to reading: Most of the information here are made up solely for the sake of fiction. Do not use this as a factual reference.

"Jisoo unnie, can you please help me with this?" Lisa struggled with the dangling belt of her formal uniform, which wouldn't get into the belt holes on her suit. Jisoo instantly came to her aid.

"Okay, here." Jisoo picked up the end of her belt and put it around the holes. "There you go," She looked at Lisa's black formal uniform, her black tie neat in place with lines of gold decorating her collar and lapels.

Jisoo patted her on the shoulders. "Hmpph! Limario is gonna be a war hero now," she said. "What medals are you going to win?"

Lisa replied, "They're going to promote me to General." She grinned widely at Jisoo.

She received a slap on the arm from Chaeyoung, who stood beside her. "Eish... if you were a general, I'd be the President by now." The three of them giggled together.

Just then, Jennie approached them together. "Are you guys all set?"

They turned to Jennie, who contrasted Lisa's plain black uniform with a boastful of decorations on hers. She wore shining medals and a tag of cords on her left and right, metal epaulettes on her shoulders indicating status of the army's top soldier.

"There you are, Jennie!" Jisoo clung around her as Chaeyoung and Lisa watched Jennie struggle away from Jisoo's arms.

"Okay, unnie- please let go, I can't breathe," Jennie said as Jisoo finally let go of her.

Lisa admired the embroidery on Jennie's uniform. "Woah, look at you, Jennie unnie. Where did you get all these medals? Aren't they really heavy?"

"Well, yeah, wearing a bunch of metal on your uniform is nothing great," Jennie replied. "But someday, you'll carry these many medals on your own formals as well." She smiled at Lisa, brushing one of her shoulders.

Chaeyoung said to the three of them, "We're all set? Let's go head to the parade grounds together."
The girls put their arms around each other's shoulders, marching happily out of the changing room outside.

" The girls put their arms around each other's shoulders, marching happily out of the changing room outside

The parade grounds were no longer filled with trainees shedding sweat and the yelling of drill instructors. Hundreds of soldiers lined up on the grains of sand, boasting proud medals on their full service uniform. Their families and friends lined up beside the grounds and watched as Lieutenant General Choi climbed up the podium.

The officer on the rightmost commanded the lines. "TO THE LIEUTENANT GENERAL; SALUTE, ARMS!"

The troops' arms formed a sea of uniformly raised hands at the command, and the officers on the podium followed. The audience filled the air with vents of awe at the sight.