CY - Under the Stars

Extra Chapter
—————————

Chaeyoung was dead exhausted, sitting in the clinic all day bandaging wounds and attending the injured. She decided to take a walk outside along the adobe buildings, the sandy ground, the rustling trees, yellow oil lamps and under the clear, starry night. There was nobody else around the complex. The quiet but calming atmosphere put her at peace.

Not long after she went down some steps, she spotted Seojun from afar. He was sitting alone with a guitar, leaning against a wall's pillar. His eyes stood still staring at the sand. It seemed like he was mindlessly strumming his guitar.

Chaeyoung walked over to the pillar and sat beside him. He didn't realize she was beside him until her clothes rustled against the sand.
"Oh- I didn't realize you were here." He was startled.

Chaeyoung leaned back against the sandstone pillar. "I thought I'd spend my time better than being inside the clinic all day. I needed to breathe," she said. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing," Seojun replied. "I'm just thinking about everything that's going on. The fact that I'm away at war in Iraq still hasn't hit me yet. There's just... too many new changes in my life right now."

Chaeyoung let out a deep exhale. "I feel the exact same way," she said. "Whoa. Based on how we met on the clinic, I never thought that you'd say something like that."

Seojun blushed. "Nobody has ever known who I am when I'm with myself. You're probably the first person to know who I really am," he said.

"What else do people don't know about you?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Hmmph..." he pondered for a moment. "I'm actually a shy introvert."

"No way," Chaeyoung said.

"Oh, yes," Seojun replied. "I just joke around to see other people laugh. Other times, I lock myself alone with my mind away from people.
Ah, right. I hate authorities and being controlled by them. I've gone against my officers a few times before, when I'm sure what they're doing is wrong."

Huh. I can definitely see that, Chaeyoung thought. "How did you get to the rank of Captain, then?" She asked.

Seojun replied, "I guess it was because how I teach and get along well with my juniors. The officers might've thought that I'm good at everything else other than obeying."

"One more thing," He said. "My dad's an executive director at JinHit Entertainment."

"Blackvelvet's label! No freaking w-" Chaeyoung shouted, abrubtly stopping when she got a little too loud. "Oh- I- sorry."

Seojun subtly chuckled at her, staring timidly at her soft face.
They looked up, gazing at the night sky.

"By the way," Chaeyoung broke the silence. "You can play the guitar?"

"Yeah. My family has a history in music and entertainment. I loved playing music instruments before I enlisted," he replied. "I found a guitar sitting here in the middle of nowhere, and I thought I'd play with it for a while."

"There's really a lot of things I don't know about you," She said. "I love singing and playing the guitar as well."

"Would you like to play a song?" He looked at Chaeyoung.
She smiled. "I would love to."

Chaeyoung placed his guitar on her lap, and played a few chords.