13 - Joint Forces

While on their daily morning rally, the soldiers could hear the sound of vehicles behind them. Garrison CO Byeon stopped speaking and looked at the gate, signaling the guards to let the vehicles in.

"All of you, move 15 steps to your right. Go!"

They all moved aside as told, while a convoy of vehicles enter their base and park on the sides of the courtyard. Dismounting from the vehicles are soldiers of the United States Armed Forces that are stationed in Iraq. They quickly formed lines beside the Korean soldiers.

GCO Byeon turned to the side of the podium to greet Colonel Matthew, the man in charge of the visiting soldiers. "Welcome to our base, Colonel," He said, shaking his hand.

"Thank you, Brigadier General," The colonel replied. "I hope our joint training goes well for both of our soldiers."

GCO Byeon turned to the podium. "Today, we will hold a joint training with the United States Armed Forces to prepare for a special mission. Your goal today is to show them that the South Korean forces are more competent than them." He continued the briefing, addressing the schedule for the joint training. The soldiers were reminded that they are to show their fiercest to the opposite side.

---------------------------

The first joint activity was decided to be 1-on-1 close quarters combat

The first joint activity was decided to be 1-on-1 close quarters combat. They gathered inside a building, filled with training mats on its floor. Each side were given final advice and briefings before they send their teams against each other.

"The men will go for the first round. Send someone to the mat in front to represent each team." The referee told both sides.

The US was the first to send someone to the front. They cheered and chanted his name as he stepped on to the mat. He's Lieutenant Ryan, a fairly built and large man.

"He's really big, we should send someone who's the right size." The Korean soldiers discussed with each other. Finally, they decided to send Private Jungwook to the mat. Jungwook wasn't as strong and large, but he could use his agility to his advantage.

The two glared at each other fiercely as the soldiers around cheered for them. Finally, Ryan charged at Jungwook. He caught Ryan's arm, forcing him to stumble with momentum. Jungwook tried to kick him out of balance, but Ryan regained his ground and punched his chin. Jungwook immediately ducked, swiftly maneuvered behind and jumped on his back. He thrust his elbow and pinned Ryan down to the mat with his weight.

"1-0," The referee said. The Korean soldiers cheered around Jungwook and threw him in the air, while the American soldiers glared in envy.

Chaeyoung turned to Lisa. "Yah, your guy took out a literal giant!" She said.

"WHOOHOO!! Go, idiot!" Lisa cheered as loud as possible for her friend.

Next up was Private Yonghwan against Corporal Jacob. Both were equally matched fighters, and the results were hard to predict. For a tense 4 minutes, both exchanged blows, locks, and kicks. They were exhausted but neither gave out. Finally, Jacob threw a punch to Yonghwan's head. Worn out and dizzy, Yonghwan failed to block the hit. Jacob quickly finished him off with a knee-kick to his sore leg.