JN - Unprofessional

After finishing a physical training, Jennie strolled the complex, heading to her room on Unit 6. While she walked around a corner, a hand suddenly grabbed her arm. She turned around to find Jongin behind her.

"Oh... hi, Jongin." Jennie said, looking up to him. He wore a gloomy and disappointed look on his face. It made Jennie feel uneasy.

"Jennie-yah," Jongin said with a dispirited tone. "I uh... I wanted to talk to you."

Jennie avoided his eyes and looked down. She replied, "Well... alright. Is there anything you need to say?"

He sighed. "I want to talk about... us. Our relationship. We haven't- actually talked to each other ever since the hostage situation. Every time we meet, I can't help but get this weird feeling that we're avoiding contact from each other. I feel like I have to talk this out with you rather than... keeping it awkward like this."

Jennie could only look up at his eyes. For the past two weeks since they rescued Jisoo and Chaeyoung, they didn't talk to each other out of awkwardness.

"If you want us to open up together... alright. I'll open up too." Jennie replied. "It's true, I feel like we're trying to avoid each other. Maybe because we're both too shy and insecure, I don't know. My friends, the rest of the people here still made me feel awkward and uncomfortable being with you since that night on the park."

Jongin still firmly held her hand. He faithfully listened to all the words she wants to say.

"Don't get me wrong. I do like you, Jongin. I still do. But maybe... I think we still have to work out our insecurities before we start any relationship," he said.

At that moment, Major Seungmin came out of his hiding place and showed up in front of the two. "Ah- Good day, sir." Jennie and Jongin saluted the major. They quickly let go of each other's hands, but he already caught them red-handed.

Seungmin, with his hands to his back, walked in front of them with a frown. He asked, "What are you two doing here?"

Jongin and Jennie glanced at each other. "I was returning to my room, sir," Jennie replied, trying to calm her nerves.
The Major looked at Jongin. He answered, "Sir, I was looking for my friends."

Major Seungmin sighed. He said sternly, "You two, follow me to my office this very moment."

Major Seungmin led the two around the large complex and finally arrived at his office. He sat down with his arms crossed, ticking the desk with his fingers. Jennie and Jongin could only stand there waiting for the Major to speak. The air around them became tense.

Finally, he spoke up. "Please tell me honestly. What is going on between you two?" He asked them.

They went silent and didn't answer him.

"I won't repeat twice. I said, answer. It's an order," he toughened his tone.

Jongin instantly answered, "Nothing, sir. We only have personal feelings for each other."

"Personal feelings?" Major Seungmin sighed while the two put their heads down in silence. "'Weird feeling', 'relationship', 'I like you', 'night on the park', and you were holding hands in front of me. I saw everything, don't treat me like a fool. I highly doubt there's nothing at all between you two," he said.

"Sergeant Jennie Kim," he continued. "Is it true that you two were having a relationship?"

Jennie couldn't deny it anymore. She replied, "Yes, sir." Jongin looked at her and squinted his eyes, feeling terrible that she had to admit their relationship.