Chapter 6: In The Woods

I got up early on the day of the next challenge. I snickered when I saw Heather ant free and was snuggling in her pillow, snoring away with no worries whatsoever.

I couldn't believe that everyone now knew my secret of being suicidal. That is really messed up. She's really messed up. I never thought I would hate someone so much until now. I practically loathed her. She's casted herself on my black list, her easily number one. Chris is number 2.

I got ready for the day and then we were called down to the elimination ceremony after breakfast. I headed down there. I was wearing my black sweatshirt and dark olive green sweat pants. I had covered my mangy hair with the hoodie. I was not in the mood for a challenge today. Not after what Heather did. But I wasn't just going to let her win, of course. No way I'm letting her have that satisfaction. She's evil. Cunning. Devious. I don't like her at all.

I got a few looks from some of the people here on my team and some of the other. Duncan just looked at me sympathetically. Bridgette and Geoff looked at me weirdly as if I was crazy. And Courtney just stiffened every time I would look at her. Trent looked at me with pity. Huh, things really do change between people when they know the truth.

/"I'm so killing Heather."/

"Hey, are you okay?" Duncan said as he whispered in my ear. I only shook my head. "I'm sorry about Heather. Man, that was so messed up. She's a bitch."

"I'll say." I responded.

"I don't judge you for it, though. I know you're a good person and you mean no harm." He smiled at me.

"Thanks, Duncan." I said.

"No prob, just don't let her get to you. She is not worth even a thought." Duncan said.

"Got that right," I said nudging his side playfully.

"Campers, today's challenge will test your outdoor survival skills. I'm not gonna lie to you, some of you may not come back alive." Chris said. I glared. "Just joking. All you have to do is spend one night in the woods. Everything you need is at your team's campsite in the forest. You just have to find it. Oh, and watch out for bears. Lost a couple of interns in reproduction. First team back for breakfast wins invincibility."

Chris threw Heather the map and compass. Chris blew the air horn. "Well, off you go."

"Did he say there are bears up in here?" Leshawna asked.

"I had a little encounter with a bear once. Let's just say his head looks real nice up on my mantle." Owen said. I only started to walk into the woods with Gwen, looking real glum. I just didn't care anymore. Trent walked towards Gwen and I took that chance to walk a little faster so they could have their alone time or whatever. She walked ahead at my level I guess because he said something and she was too embarrassed.

"Ugh, they are so going to leave." Heather snarled.

"Who?" asked Trent.

"Who do you think? They dumped Harold's red ant farm into my bed." Heather said.

"Yeah, but you did read their diary out loud in front of the entire world." Trent said.

"So?"

"So, that was pretty harsh." Trent said.

"They are going down!" Heather said. I just groaned and walked away as we made it to the area where we were supposed to spend the night.

"Uh, there's no food here." Owen said.