Chapter 5: Everybody Knows

Chapter 5: Everyone Knows

I awoke early on the third day of the stupid challenges and got out of bed. I snuck out of my cabin and walked to the bath house along with my towel and bath supplies. Thank God I actually brought my favorite toiletries.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth. The only thing that was ever good was was the showers. And only the showers. Ugh, it was so annoying.

I went back to my cabin after I got dressed for the day.

"Alright, campers, enough beauty sleep. Time to show us what you're made of!" Chris said. We all headed down to this weird area where there was a stage and some bleachers.

"Are we gonna see a musical?" Lindsay asked. I rolled my eyes. "I love musicals! Especially the ones with singing and dancing!" Ew, gross. I sure hope not.

"Gwen, saved you a seat." Trent said. I only sighed. I sat alone in a corner by myself. Everyone else was sitting by someone and I just sat alone, just like usual in the olden days. To think I thought Trent liked me. I mean, of course not in the way he likes Gwen. But I could really use some friends here.

"Welcome to our brand new deluxe state of the art outdoor ampa theater." Chris said. "Okay, this week's challenge is a summer camp favorite: a talent contest!"

"Yes! Awesome!" Owen shouted.

"Each team had eight hours to pick their three most talented campers. These three will represent them in the show tonight. Sing, dance, juggle, anything goes! As long as it's legal." Chris said eyeing Duncan who snapped his fingers in disappointment.

"You'll be judged by our resident talent scout. Former DJBJ and rap legend, Grand Master Chef. To show his approval via the Chef-O-Meter!" Chris said. "The team that loses will send one camper home tonight. Good luck."

We all went together towards our cabin as we all sat down as Heather had a clip board and a whistle.

"Okay, I'm the team captain so here's how it's gonna work." Heather said.

"Wait, who said you were team captain?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah, none of us agreed to this." I said shaking my head.

"She did. Just now." Lindsay said.

"Lindsay, Beth, and I took a vote and I won." Heather said.

"Threatening them to vote for you isn't exactly democratic." Gwen said.

"Besides, none of the rest voted for you." I said. Trent then walked up to us.

"Trent, you're cool with me running this project, aren't you?" Heather asked all sweet like.

"Right on, go for it." Trent said.

"Good. Beth, Lindsay, and I will be the judges." Heather said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," Gwen said.

/"Heather is starting to get on my nerves."/

Owen drank this huge gallon of water. Then, he literally just did the alphabet in one burp. Holy crap!

"Well you're not going to do that in this contest, that's disgusting!" Heather said.

Gwen then walked off.

"Where are you going?" Heather asked.

"Anywhere that's not here," Gwen said.

"I second that. This sucks." I said as I walked away from everyone and walked towards a lake. I just wrote in my notebook at how ridiculous everything has been recently.