Chapter 5

Draco sat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, pushing his dinner around in his plate. Harry's voice was echoing through his mind, muttering the word 'don't' over and over again, in a simplistic cold voice. It had been doing so all day. And for that reason, he was glad that he didn't have any classes with Harry today.

It gave Draco the chills. He didn't understand why Harry said that, or what it even meant. But he suspected it had to do with that kiss that Harry had planted on him. Gingerly, Draco raised a hand to his mouth and traced his lips, with the briefest of touches.

It was a bizarre feeling and Draco found himself wishing that his fingers were that of Harry's. A second in and the blonde shoved that thought out of his brain, because Harry didn't deserve such good thoughts from Draco.

And, in a moment of panic, Draco dropped his hand from his lips and watched as it fell limply onto the table with a subtle bang. It hurt as his knuckled connected with the hardwood, but Draco didn't particularly care. With small movements and precise eyes, Draco spared a glance over at the Slytherin table.

But what was a glance turned into a squinty eyed stare as he focused on one thing in particular.

Harry.

Draco found himself staring at Harry long after everyone had finished dinner and left. And it was Halloween night, which meant that students were free to do as they pleased after dinner. So, everyone but his few close friends at the Gryffindor table and Harry had left.

He instead focused on the way Harry gripped the newspaper, holding it in front of him to read. How his fingers curled around the paper gently, in a delicate hold. The only other thing of Harry that Draco could see was his slickly gelled back hair.

And almost as if Harry could feel the stare, he peeped over the top of the newspaper and looked right at Draco. Panicking, Draco dropped his fork and it made a loud clang on his plate. The noise echoed through the Great Hall amongst the small sounds of chatter between his friends.

"Draco, whats gotten into you? And don't say nothing because you've been staring at the wall for a good fifteen minutes or so and then all of a sudden you just drop your fork and panic?" Hermione's voice whispered harshly next to him and he turned to give her a blank stare.

Her glare softened a bit and Draco slumped over the table. "Draco, maybe you should just go to bed. I know you were out late last night and it'll most likely do you good if you had an early night, okay?" Hermione's hand rested on Draco's shoulder, and she squeezed it gently.

Draco wondered if he should go to bed or if he should aimlessly wonder the halls. "Please?" Hermione's voice cut through his thoughts and Draco glanced at her again. Her mouth was turned down at the corners and there was worry in her eyes. A few strands of hair fell over her eyes and she put it back into place with a delicate fix of her fingers. Hermione was beautiful and smart, and Draco was glad that she was his best friend.

"I suppose so..." Draco mumbled out and he placed both hands on the table and pushed himself up, his shoulders hunching at the movement. Slowly, he stepped over the seat and pushed himself forward. "See you later Draco." There was a chorus of voices from the table and Draco flung a hand back to wave whilst continually shuffling forward.

As soon as he had made it through the Hall doors, he let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding and slumped against the wall, a hand pressed to his chest. It felt constricted. And then it hit him, it was Halloween, which means the date is October 31st. The anniversary of his parents death. In that moment, Draco felt so stupid. So very stupid for letting his mind be clouded up by thoughts of Harry, rather than grieving over his parents death. It brought Draco pain and his chest constricted tighter.

And for some reason, Draco relished in that horrible pain as he slowly made his way down the halls, tears tracking down his face. He passed multiple students as he aimlessly wandered, but he kept ploughing through the halls, not speaking or moving for anyone.

Eventually, after what felt like hours but in reality was probably only minutes, Draco found a crook on a window seat wall where he could be alone, wallowing in his own stupidity and misery.

"How could I be so stupid?" He muttered, pulling his knees to his chest and resting his chin on them as he stared into the black satin of the sky. The moon was covered by thick clouds.

Little did Draco know, Harry had followed him out of the Great Hall and watched as he literally crumbled against the wall before stalking off again. It was a weird feeling, but Harry wanted to comfort the forlorn boy at the window.

No matter how badly he wanted to walk away and leave Draco, he couldn't. He felt a strange pull to him, like he was drawn to him. As a moth to a flame.

And that's the thing that irritated Harry the most.

He wanted to leave, but he couldn't.

Because he cared.

X

Hi, so sorry for the late update, but I've been swamped with assignments. Anyway, I tried really hard to write something all day and then I had inspiration for about three quarters of this and then I lost it so I wrote the last part loosely and I don't really like it and it's probably shit but I hope you guys like it. Please share, comment or vote. I would love it if you guys could get heaps of reads on this. Hopefully I'll update soon. Also, sorry it's a bit short.

P.S. Halloween is right around the corner so, Happy Halloween :p