Chapter 8

The day had arrived. Said day was one of Draco's favourite days. It wasn't often that he got to go to Hogsmeade, and that's what made it all the more exciting. He couldn't go the last two times because the first time he was sick and the second time, he had homework to catch up on.

"Hurry up Draco, or we'll be late. And you don't know want to miss out a third time, do you?" Hermione questioned brashly. She was dressed up in warm clothes, pulling her coat and scarf tighter to keep the cold wind out.

Draco, on the other hand, was pretty much the same. He was wearing a pair of black tight jeans, two jumpers, a grey overcoat, a white scarf and a grey beanie. He had the scarf tied up and stuffed down his overcoat. White mittens covered his frosty fingers as he held them tightly in his overcoat pockets.

Overall, he looked cute all dressed up like that. "Sorry, it's just cold. My limbs are a bit stiff." Draco's pale skin on his cheeks had turned a rosy colour due to the cold. Tiny snowflakes littered his hair that peeked out from under his beanie. They also sat delicately on his white blonde eyelashes, fluttering gently against his cheekbones.

Hermione marched over to him and giggled. "Honestly Draco, you'll catch a cold again if you don't pull your scarf up." And with that, she gently pulled up a bit of his scarf to cover his mouth and cheeks. So in between his beanie and his scarf, all that was visible was his eyes.

"Oh, you look so cute right now." Hermione laughed quietly as Draco rolled his eyes to her squealing. The fact that Hermione found him cute said nothing. She was his best friend. Who else would find him cute? Lots of girls squealing over The Boy Who Lived. He could practically hear it now.

"By the way, where's Ron? He's usually with us." The blonde questioned the witch beside him as they linked arms and began walking to the carriages. Snowflakes flurried in the air, and the soft crunch of ice was beaneaters them as they walked. Draco looked at the thestrals pulling the carriages.

"He went ahead with Neville, Dean and Seamus. They're going to The Three Broomsticks." Draco unlinked his arm from Hermione and held a hand out to help her up into the carriage. After, he climbed in himself and they set off. "We're meeting them there as well as Luna and some others. Gosh, it's great to get out." Hermione continued on her sentence.

Meanwhile, Draco pondered just who he would be seeing today.

The pair made conversation as they travelled to Hogsmeade. All the while listening to Hermione, Draco was also watching the scenery go by. He studied the sky, but it was completely grey. Focusing back on Hermione, he caught a sentence.

"Mm, Draco, what do you want to do today at Hogsmeade?" She turned to look at home with sparkling brown eyes. Her hair fluttered slightly under her beanie in the wind. And Draco wondered when her and Ron would get together. The blonde hoped it would be soon, because he was getting fed up of the amount of tension between the two all the time.

He felt a tap on his arm and he looked at Hermione. She looked at home expectantly and he remembered her question. "Oh, yes. Uh, well after meeting at The Three Broomsticks, I might go off and do something. I've got some galleons to spend." Draco shoved a mitten clasped hand into his pocket and felt for the small bag of galleons.

"Okay, that sounds good. Don't overspend, but what do you think you might get?" Draco shrugged to her question as she brushed some escaping her out of her eyes. He narrowed his eyes at her and smirked, deciding that now was a good time to plant his question.

"Not sure. But, while I'm gone, I'm leaving you with Ron, and I expect something to come out of it, you hear? I'm sick of the constant tension between you two." The blonde watched the her carefully, her eyes going wide and her eyebrows disappearing.