Chapter 12

The atmosphere around Harry and Draco had dampened slightly. Harry's questions was still floating about in Draco's mind. And his sad smile hadn't made things any better. He wasn't sure, but Harry was definitely doing something to Draco. Affecting him in some sort of way. It was nearly impossible to think so, but his composure had almost been knocked down by a tall attractive boy, with green eyes and neat hair.

Would there be a future for them?

What should happen if they were together?

Would they be accepted?

Was Harry even gay?

Questions flitted through Draco's mind but he couldn't answer then. Simply because, he didn't know. The last one however, concerning Harry's sexual orientation, boggled Draco's mind. If he'd been kissed by the boy, and flirted with, surely he was gay?

Never mind that, there were simpler things at hand than concerning himself with people's sexual orientation. Really, he should focus on his studies and his classes, not people and their behaviour. More importantly, he had to look after himself in the case that Voldermort decided to pull something.

"I meant to ask you earlier, but why are you only wearing those pants and a shirt?" Harry's husky voice snapped him out of his own world and he looked at the Slytherin with a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" Of course Harry would question his attire, he was a Slytherin. That's what they did, question the simple things.

"Well, where are your pyjamas? Or some proper clothes? Don't tell me you wear those to bed?" Of course, of course. It just had to be him. Draco took his sweet time answering, thinking about something else. Harry, on the other hand, reached up to scratch an itch on his jaw, tilting his head so he could get to it.

The small movement caught Draco's eyes and he swallowed, a lump in his throat seemed to emerge. Harry's jaw was impeccable and Draco felt the need to touch it, but he restrained himself and turned away.

"I wear these to bed. Or, well, just these, rather." With that, Draco lifted up his shirt, stuck a thumb under the waistband of his boxers and pulled it away from his hip, only for it to snap back gently. Harry watched, mesmerized by the smooth satin skin of Draco's hip.

Harry turned to face the window in the alcove they were sitting in, for faint blush dotted his cheeks. "If it helps any, I think they look good on you." His voice was hoarse and he coughed into his shoulder.

Draco was shocked, per say, at the raven's statement, but he wasn't moved. He kept a calm composure and nodded at the words, a silent thanks hanging between the two. However, no further words were needed, because to Draco, Harry didn't seem one for small talk.

Silence was all that remained, besides the occasional click of dripping water in the ancient castle. They stayed like that for a while until Draco began yawning and rubbing his drooping eyes. Harry had noticed, and thought the sight cute.

He stood up and dusted himself off, before tucking his hands under Draco's arms and and bringing him up as well. The blonde was lighter than he had thought. "You need to go to bed, Draco. Otherwise you'll be in no condition to do anything in the morning. You're just lucky it's Saturday."

Draco hummed in agreement, before nodding his head. He bent over to pick something up off the ground and Harry realized it was a cloak. The boy tucked it under his arm and straightened up, looking Harry in the eye.

He let out another yawn and his tongue poked out with it. He waved goodbye to Harry and began to trot down the hallway but an arm around his waist pulled in back. He landed against Harry's chest and struggled to keep from blushing, instead choosing to bite his lip.

"Did you think you could go without saying at least giving me a hug? What about a kiss?" Harry's voice dipped towards the end and Draco almost hit him.

Instead, he hesitated and then enclosed his own arms around the raven's waist, leaning his head against his shoulder.

Draco knew he shouldn't be doing this, but he savoured the moment and then pulled his head away, looking at Harry. This could get a bit tricky. As much as Draco wanted to give in and snog Harry senseless, he couldn't. It wasn't the right thing to do, and he had more important things to focus on.

He tilted his head so he could reach Harry's cheek and planted a soft, tentative kiss. With that, he whirled out of Harry's arms and trotted up the hallway.

He didn't look back, instead choosing to keep going, rounding the corner and out of sight. From there, he did a fast paced walk to the Gryffindor tower, leaving him with ragged breath.

The Fat Lady was sleeping heavily, snoring away to her heart's content. Sneakily, Draco unlatched the corner of the portrait and it swung open. He grabbed the edge of it as he stepped inside and pulled it suit behind him.

The fire was officially dead, he noted, as he skirted through the common room quietly. When he reached the stairs, he traipsed up them and turned at his dorm.

It wasn't long before he was in his bed, enjoying the comfortableness the mattress brought. Draco sunk into sleep, his dreams concerning a pretty green eyed boy and his neat hair.

You look so pretty but you're gone so soon.

<>

Heaps sorry that it's short and probably rubbish. I could barely concentrate but I really wanted to upload for you guys. Please enjoy. I promise the next chapter will be better.