Chapter 20

Draco's palms were clammy as he held them between his knees. He bent over, clutching at his face and thinking, before sitting back up. He couldn't sit still so he moved off the bed to pace across the floor. Harry gave him a curious look, his eyebrows striking down over his eyes.

"You've probably realized by now..." Draco started, hands wrung together as he moved, back and forth, in front of the fire. And that was it. He didn't say another thing for a few minutes, a pained look crossing his features. In that time, Harry moved off the bed to sit on the arm chair in front of the fire, the one that Draco was constantly pacing in front of.

He could think of a hundred ways to end the start of Draco's sentence, as he's realized a lot of thing about the blonde boy over the past couple months. But clearly, he could tell something was bothering Draco, something painful for him to think about. So, as he watched Draco pace in front of the fire for probably the fiftieth time, he thought that maybe trying to calm him first was the best way to go.

For a few more seconds, Harry watched Draco internally freak out as he paced. When he walked by again, Harry grabbed his wrist, halting the boy in his tracks. Draco stopped moving, but had one foot ready to go. As they made clear eye contact, Harry could see Draco's eyes were swimming with horrible thoughts.

"I can see that whatever you're trying to tell me is hard for you," Harry reached his other hand out to gently grab Draco's hip, "but perhaps you should calm down first before trying to spit it out."

He tugged slightly on Draco's hip to get him to sit on his lap, and although Draco was hesitant at first, he complied. It took a few seconds for him to adjust himself but then there was a moment where Harry could see all of the tension fall from Draco's shoulders and he melted into Harry's chest, face pressed against his shoulder.

It was silent for a minute more before Harry spoke up, a hand on his back to rub comforting circles into the skin, "Do you..." He started, but stopped for a second. "Do you feel better?"

His question remained unanswered, hanging in the air. He felt Draco's body shift in his arms as he sucked in several deep breaths. Though the silence was comfortable, Harry wanted to hear what was on Draco's mind. His slender fingers grabbed at Draco's shirt, untucking it form his pants and pushing it up. Fingers snuck up under the shirt to the soft skin, where they once again began to rub slow circles.

There was a sharp breath from Draco when Harry reached a sensitive patch of skin near his ribs. "Agh, yes." He whispered quietly, responding to Harry's earlier question, his face pressed deeply into Harry's chest, the sound coming out muffled.

When Draco felt comfortable enough, he sat up on Harry's lap and turned his body around to face him. He grabbed ahold of Harry's collar and held it tightly between his fists, scrunching and unscrunching it. Normally, Harry would bigger up anyone who tried to mess up his look, but this was Draco. And Draco wasn't just anyone.

The boy did it in a nervous habit, as if squeezing a stress ball. He traced his fingers along Harry's jawline, over his lips, across his eyes and down his nose, as the Raven gripped his hips. The feeling was staggering, almost arousing, for both of them.

Once again Draco grabbed ahold of Harry's collar, holding it between his fists and rested his head upon them, tucked under Harry's chin."I'm not always good at what I do... I'm not always happy," Draco finally sagged against Harry completely, just soaking up his presence in front of the fire. "More often than not... I have very negative feelings."

For a while now, Harry had in fact realized that there was something bothering Draco but he wasn't going to push him, because that could send him further into hiding everything. He knew something was wrong but he don't expect this, of all things. Depression. Draco's heart and mind were heavy with depression. It was a crippling fear in Harry's heart to be faced with this. Not because he couldn't handle it, but because he didn't want to make a mistake that would hurt Draco.